Holy Moly. I’m totally “pinching” myself, because just last year I remember browsing a site FULL of birthday party ideas, thinking to myself how fantabulous it was. Fast forward to now, and I get the pleasure to have them HERE giving you all more fantabulous ideas! Eeeeek! Welcome “Spaceships and Laser Beams,” and let’s get to it…
“If you have a little guy who is enamored of all things fireman and fire truck, you know that he would love that as a birthday party theme. But what will you do at the party besides feed them cake?
On my blog, Spaceships and Laser Beams, we specialize in fun boy parties so I have lots of ideas to help you with yours.
Today I’m sharing a few fireman themed party activity suggestions that will keep those little guys happily engaged! Depending on your community, you might be able to visit the local fire department. Kids love to explore the truck and hear the siren wail!
Another option is to have a firefighter visit your party.
Often these civic-minded heroes are willing to educate kids about fire safety and show them “real” firefighting gear as well as teach them to “Stop, drop and roll”. In addition to the educational fun, here are a few party possibilities:
- Rescue; a stepping stool ladder (we’re only looking at stools with a couple of steps here!), a tree and a nearby adult will allow each guest to “rescue” the stuffed animal cat that you place in the tree.
- Dress-Up Drill; the fire alarm rings and every fireman must hurry to get out of bed to go put out the fire. In a dress-up box have hats, fire slickers (or facsimile), boots, etc. that each one must put on before your timer runs out. Repeat!
- Ready, Aim, Fire; blue bean bags (water) must hit the target (bucket, box, etc.) to put out the “fire”.
- Where’s the Fire; hide laminated paper “flames” and send the firemen out to find them.
- Cardboard Fire Trucks; kids love cardboard boxes. Pre-make “trucks” for each guest and let them play in them.
- Activity Table; Set up coloring sheets and themed craft activities.
A fireman themed party is fun, colorful and there are lots of activities to use up that kidlet energy! For more fireman party activities and additional themed ideas, visit my blog, Spaceships and Laser Beams.
What activity will you do at your fireman birthday party?
Stephanie Keeping is a wife to Mike, mom to a boy named Sam, a blogger, and an Etsy-preneur. She celebrates boyish charm at Spaceships and Laser Beams, where she talks about all things boy and birthday party. You can connect with her on Facebook, Google+,