Now that Thanksgiving Day is over, I can officially tell y’all Merry Christmas! It’s Bethany from Southern Couture, and I am so ecstatic for Christmas and December. I just can’t wait for all the excitement this time of year brings.
Today I am sharing an idea for a fun snack or even party favor that you can make and have your guests enjoy at your holiday parties this year. Winter means snow, which makes all of us, and especially the kids think of “Frozen.” This “Frozen,” inspired popcorn snack is perfect this winter.
Frozen Inspired Popcorn
I just love this snack because it’s not only just adorable to look at, but also a lot of fun for the kids to help make too. Let’s get started so you can get to snackin’.
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Blue candy melts
- Chocolate candy melts or melting chocolate
- Sprinkles of different varieties
- Plastic squirt bottles
- Treat bags
- Washi tape
- First pop your popcorn whether in microwave or stovetop.
- Spread it out on parchment paper and let it cool.
- While it cools, start melting the candy melts and chocolate in two separate double boilers or in two bowls in the microwave melting according to the package directions.
- Pour the chocolate into separate squirt bottles or icing bags to make it easier to spread over the popcorn.
- Start squirting each color over the popcorn until it is all evenly coated with as much as you desire.
- Before the chocolate has hardened, get those sprinkles ready and shake them over the popcorn.
I used blue sugar sprinkles and silver crystal sprinkles that really shimmered and made me think of the movie. Now what kid wouldn’t love to squirt chocolate and sprinkle sugar this Christmas? Even I love it. P.S. You have permission to snack on some as you go too. You have to make sure it taste good, right? 😉
If you would love to give some to your guests as party favors, be sure to just scoop some into clear treat bags and seal off with washi tape. They are the perfect on the go snack too.
Merry Christmas everyone and let me know in the comments below if you have other fun Frozen recipe ideas that I can try this year too. It’s such a magical time of year. I hope your holiday is wonderful and I can’t wait to see y’all again after the New Year.
- 2 bags microwavable popcorn plain
- 1 package blue candy melts
- 1 package chocolate candy melts
- sprinkles of different varieties
- plastic squirt bottles can also use icing bags
- treat bags
- washi tape
Microwave popcorn according to instructions
- Spread out over parchment paper and let cool completely
- Melt blue and chocolate candy melts in two separate bowls
- Pour melted candy into squirt bottles or icing bags
- Drizzle over cooled popcorn until evenly coated
- Before chocolate is hardened, coat popcorn with sprinkles
- Pour popcorn into treat bags and seal with washi tape
Pin this Image to Remember:
Connect with Southern Couture