craftsman style home
Home Tour, House + Home

Home Tour Part 1- The Exterior

This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.

I shared our “construction process” with you all when we were just finishing up our house {see that post here: “Wrapping up Our New Home Construction.”}

Well, I promised you all a tour when it was completed, and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll EVER feel like it’s completed enough to show. So… I thought, “Why not go ahead! I can always add more later.”

So here we go:

Exterior Update:

We’ve finally added shutters to our house! We are still planning to stain the shutters {stain color TBD}, but I couldn’t wait to share with you the new look! Only two years later… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fantabulosity Craftsman Style Home Tour Exterior and Interior https://fantabulosity.com

(Back to original post…)

Now… the hard part? Getting my husband to let us stay in this house for longer than a year. We’ve moved 5 times in the last 2 years, and I’m ready to stay put for a while. But have you ever tried to get a real estate developer to sit still? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Craftsman Style Home, Home Tour Part 1

My husband and I own “Missouri Land Company,” which specializes in Real Estate Development, and Custom Home Construction. After 5 years of marriage, and two kiddos, we decided it was time to build a home for “us,” instead of moving from spec home to spec home.

Craftsman Style Home, Home Tour Part 1 https://fantabulosity.com

From day one, I knew my husband was exceptionalย at building and designing custom homes, so I wanted to “stay out of it.” I’m so glad I did, because I couldn’t be happier with the way everything turned out.

I snapped these photos right after we had sod put down,ย and we’reย not QUITE finished with the landscaping, but having green grass is soooo nice compared to a muddy yard!

We ended up finishing our basement, and that completed the house with 4 bedrooms and 3 baths.

Craftsman Style Home, Home Tour Part 1 https://fantabulosity.com

Front Porch Craftsman Style Home Fantabulosity

Front Porch Furniture - Patio Fantabulosity Home Tour

Craftsman Style Home Front Porch Entry, Home Tour https://fantabulosity.com

We had always wanted a gas lantern on our home one day, so we knew it was a must when we were picking out lighting.

Craftsman Style Home Gas Lantern, Home Tour https://fantabulosity.com

My husband also added a little flair to the ceiling of the front porch by adding this type of soffitย . I never knew this was even an option, and love how it turned out!

Craftsman Style Home Brown Soffit, Home Tour https://fantabulosity.com

Back Yard Patio Curtains

Come back tomorrow for “Part 2, The Master Bedroom.”

See the other rooms of the home tour here:

Part 1: The Exterior

Part 13: The Dining Room/Foyer

Part 14: The Guest Bedroom

Part 15: The Living Room

Part 16: New Office Reveal

Part 17: Garageย

53 thoughts on “Home Tour Part 1- The Exterior

1. I love the porch ceiling and your lanterns up by the front door. Gorgeous house, can’t wait to see more. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Jessica says:

Thank you! I can’t wait to get the rest of the tour up and running!

2. Tess says:

Beeeautiful!!! You have my dream home. lol Cant wait to see more!

1. Jessica says:

Awww that’s so nice! I wish I could actually “Have you over,” instead of just through internet! ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for “stopping by!” ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Brandon says:

Hello I’m not sure how use this type of thing but I would like but a set blue prints for this home I’m In Kentucky my number is 6067947989

1. Jessica says:

Hi Brandon! Mark Hovis is the one who designed our home. If you’d like to give him a call, I’m sure he’d be happy to help! (573) 783-5900

3. Zan says:

Oh…..can’t wait to see the inside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely!!!!!!!!

1. Jessica says:

Thank you! Thank you for stopping by!!!

4. Zan says:

Oh and congrats on your family owning the business..I just checked it out…

1. Jessica says:

Oh thank you!!! I’m proud of my husband every day with how talented he actually is! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Tammy says:

It is a beautiful house. Congratulations on getting a house of your own!

1. Jessica says:

Thank you! It feels nice to be able to call a place “home!”

6. Oh wow! That is gorgeous! I’m so happy for you guys. We had a brand new house, but we sold it and downsized and moved into an older house for me be able to be a stay-at-home mom. For us, it was worth it! I did however enjoy the house when we had it ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Jessica says:

Good for you guys! You can’t put a price on being able to stay at home with your babies! ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Rebekah says:

Your home is beautiful! My dad is a builder and my mom always jokes that her house will never be finished. ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope you get to say for a while, it must be tough packing with your babies and all o their stuff.

1. Jessica says:

Haha! Yes! It’s like the mechanic who won’t work on his own car. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you, I do too! It is tough moving so much!

8. Becky says:

Love this!! We are in the last stages of a massive remodel, and we went craftsman. Before we started, the style of our home was just 70’s ugly. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for sharing, can’t wait to see more of what you’ve done…we still have a lot of work to do and I need some more inspiration!! Beautiful!!!

1. Jessica says:

Oh that’s perfect! I’d love to see what you guys end up doing too! I love the craftsman look! Come back anytime! I’m getting ready to post more tours soon! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Whitney Pudenz says:

Just curious on the square foot of your beautiful home.

1. Jessica says:

Hi Whitney! I’m GUESSING… but I believe it is around 2400 sq. ft. with a partially finished basement. I hope that helps!

10. Kandace Agner says:

I love your home!!!! your style is great! can you please tell me where you found this house plan! love it!!

1. Jessica says:

Awww! Hi Kandace! Thank you so much! We actually had a client build a home similar to this, (who had a local architect design it for them!) If you’re building, and would like a plan, I’d be ever so happy to direct you to the architect to get the plan! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Therese Chase says:

Could you please email me the contact info for the architect? I love your home! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Jessica says:

Oh of course!! Here is his website! http://www.markhovisdesigns.com/ Tell him you’re talking about Matt and Jessica Burgess’ house, and you saw it on the her blog. {Fantabulosity} He’ll know which house you’re talking about! ๐Ÿ™‚ I say all of that, because we’ve built so many homes, and he may not be sure if you’re talking about my husbands company’s website, or my blog. ๐Ÿ™‚ Let me know if I can help anymore! ๐Ÿ™‚