Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops: A Halloween treat that’s easy to make but super cute for any party or just to celebrate!
Hey y’all! It’s Bethany from The Southern Couture sharing a simple, quick, and easy treat for Halloween in case you are needing any last minute ideas.
With Halloween being just a few days away, I know it can get hectic and crazy with all the costume planning and shopping, but don’t forget about making sweet treats for everyone. I have the cutest idea for you today that is sure to make every kid smile.
Jack-O-Lantern Marshmallow Pops
These jack-o-lantern marshmallow pops are a fun treat to not only give but to also make. The fun part is that you can get the kiddos involved in the kitchen to help, just like with our Halloween Mummy Rice Krispie Treats!
In case you missed it, Jessica shared a fun idea and recipe for decorating apples with your kids and this candy corn rice krispie treats recipe earlier. Why not just throw this in there too while the mess is being made and have even more fun.
Let the mess but fun begin!
Ingredients & Supplies:
- Orange candy melts
- Pretzel sticks
- Leaf sprinkles
- Paper straws or lollipop sticks
- Black edible marker
- Cake pop stand
- Start by breaking off the ends of the pretzel sticks to use for the stem of the pumpkin.
- Melt your candy melts according to package directions until smooth.
- Dip the end of the paper straw into the candy melt and then into the end of one marshmallow.
- Dip in the melt until completely covered.
- Place a pretzel piece in the top of the marshmallow with a leaf sprinkle beside it before the chocolate hardens.
- Place the treat pop in the stand to harden.
- Once you have finished dipping your marshmallows and the candy melt has hardened, use the edible marker to draw the faces of the jack-o-lanterns.
Now that’s all there is to it!
Plus the great thing is that you can leave the faces off and have pumpkin pops for Thanksgiving too.
I love a dessert and treat that anyone can make and have ready to go even at the last minute when you are scrambling for ideas.
Have a frightfully fun Halloween and let me know what your kids are dressing up for Halloween this year. I would love to hear any fun or unique ideas.
Jack O Lantern Marshmallow Pops
- 1 package orange candy melts
- 20 marshmallows
- 7 pretzel sticks
- leaf sprinkles
- paper straws or lollipop sticks
- cake pop stand
- black edible marker
- Break pretzel sticks in thirds to use for pumpkin stems
- Melt your candy melts according to package directions until smooth
- Dip the end of a paper straw into the candy melt and then into the end of one marshmallow
- Dip in the melt until completely covered
- Place a pretzel piece in the top of the marshmallow with a leaf sprinkle beside it before the chocolate hardens
- Place the treat pop in the stand to harden
- Once you have finished dipping your marshmallows and the candy melt has hardened, use the edible marker to draw the faces of the jack-o-lanterns
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Enjoy the little things in life like the joy of children collecting candy and eating all they want!
If you enjoyed this marshmallow pop, then you will love my Eyeball Cake Pops on my blog, or check out these Halloween pretzels here on Fantabulosity!
Connect with Southern Couture
Bethany is the DIY blogger behind The Southern Couture. A wife and Mom to three furbabies may keep her busy, but she loves just about anything DIY, craft, holidays, party planning, recipes, repurposing, and upcycling. She is a child of God that always tries to encourage others to always enjoy the little things in life which is where the greatest joy can sometimes be found.