This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MegaGame #CollectiveBias
Last Minute Party Checklist: For those moments where a party is held at your house with little to no notice.
More times than I’d like to admit… I’ve found myself running around ragged, trying to make the house look presentable when we’ve decided to have people over at the last minute.
It may be a sporting event on tv, or just a random evening when we have the social bug and decide to cook and invite people over. There have been MANY times, that friends have come over even without notice, and I’m trying to visit while picking up the mess that my family has left behind for the day(s). So with my experience of the last minute party routine, I wanted to share my quick secrets and checklist with you, to prepare you for a last minute shindig.
Last Minute Party To-Do’s
This time of year seems to be the peak of last-minute parties and get-togethers in our home. We are a central location to come watch the big game on TV, always have something cooking in the kitchen, and a basement full of toys for the kids to escape too.
Hosting the Big game this year?
This time of year is ALSO when you may find yourself hosting a lot of people in your home to watch the big football game, and I’m here to help you plan and be ready for it! (Even if it’s last minute!)
Yeah yeah yeah… those are cute football party ideas, right? Well those are for the times that we have plenty of notice. Let’s get in to the times where we are suddenly dropped with the task of getting the house ready in minutes. 😉
Last Minute Party Checklist
Get your FREE Last Minute Party Checklist HERE!
You have your list, now what?
Toilet Paper: First and most important than ANYTHING… stock the toilet paper in the bathroom! The last thing that you want is a full house, and one of your guest’s have to make that embarrassing walk to the kitchen, asking for more toilet paper.
When I was at Target the other day, I snagged the Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong® Mega Rolls. They’re MEGA and that means they last and last so you can change the roll less often during the Big Game or whatever event you’re hosting.Right now, they have a Cartwheel offer for 10% off. (Have I mentioned how much I love that Cartwheel app at Target?! You can find the Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Mega Rolls in the bath tissue aisle at Target.)
• Wipe down the sink: Just a quick wipe down, to remove anything that’s been left behind since the last wipe-down!
• Light a candle: Any room seems cleaner when there’s a candle putting off a fab smell!
• Replace the hand towel with a new one: A nice fresh towel for your guests is a quick and easy way to spruce up the bathroom. No mildew smell from the old towel, on your guests hands!
• Wash Dishes: Wash any dirty dishes laying out, or pack that dishwasher full. (Even if they overlap, and the door with barely shut. You can rearrange them later.) 😉
• Wipe down the counters: So when you’re guests stand around the island and place their hands down on the counter, it won’t get stuck to the jelly from breakfast. (No? Just our house?)
• Disposable cups: I usually have disposable or plastic cups on hand, for last-minute guests. When they arrive, go ahead and place those out where your guests can easily find them, and serve themselves if you’re not around. This keeps them from rummaging through all of your cabinets, AND saves on more dirty dishes.
• Restock the paper towels: Whether it’s a spilled drink by one of the kiddos, or one of the guys got excited watching the football game, and through their chicken wing on the floor… paper towels should always be on standby.
3. Living Area
• Arrange pillows/blankets: Arrange any pillows on the couch (in the corners) and fold up any throw blankets.
• Pick up clutter: Even if you don’t have kiddos at home, there’s a chance that there’s clutter laying around in your living area. It’s your “living” area, so there’s bound to be a toothpick, or unorganized magazines on the end tables, right?
• Dust End Tables: Although I say “dust,” I don’t mean grab the polish and a rag. I mean grab the closest thing you have to brush the crumbs off of the table or the dust bunnies that have gathered lately.
• Move Shoes/Backpacks/Bags: Clutter seems to crowd our entry ways, so I love to make a quick sweep through there and make plenty of room for our guests to come in.
• Clear Coat Rack: We tend to keep our coats on the coat racks too, but when guests are coming, I make sure to remove ours, so our guests have room for their coats/purses.
• Sweep: If you have hard flooring in your foyer/entry, hopefully your foyer/entry way isn’t too big, and there’s time to make a quick path through it with a broom.
That’s it! Your house is a little more ready for last-minute guests! Usually this routine takes me about 10 minutes when I’m really hustling! Good luck!!
BIG Party planning Checklist:
Now, if you HAVE notice of a party you’ll be hosting in your home, then you’ll want to check out my detailed party planning checklist that’s also for free, that you can snag when you sign up for the Fantabulosity newsletter here: