If you’re on the hunt for the perfect honeymoon resort, here are the top resorts recommended by a travel agent! You’re sure to find what you’re looking for, no matter what your desires are!
From time to time, someone will ask me if I have any recommendations on honeymoon destinations. And although I do love to travel, and have some romantic destinations under my belt, I reached out to a travel agent friend of mine, to ask for her expertise.
Top Honeymoon Resorts
Below you’ll find the 4 finest resort chains for your romantic getaway!
Adults -Only, All Inclusive, Luxurious Accommodations, Beautiful Beaches, Romantic Settings
15 Resorts on 6 Islands
- Sandals Carlyle
- Sandals Montego Bay
- Sandals Negril
- Sandals Ochi
- Sandals Royal Caribbean
- Sandals Royal Plantation
- Sandals Whitehouse
Sandals Grande St. Lucia, Sandals Halcyon Beach, Sandals Regency La Toc
Sandals Grande Antigua
Sandals Emerald Bay Sandals Royal Bahamian
Sandals La Source Grenada
4 Resorts in Jamaica
Couples Negril, Couples San Soucie, Couples Swept Away, Couples Tower Isle
- Secrets Capri
- Secrets Maroma Beach
- Secrets Silversands
- Secrets the Vine
- Secrets Huatulco
- Secrets Vallarta Bay Secrets Aura
- Secrets Puerto Los Cabos
- Secrets Playa Mujeres
- Secrets Akumal
- Secrets St. James Secrets Wild Orchid
- Secrets Cap Cana Secrets Royal Beach
- Secrets Papagayo
- Secrets Playa Bonita
- Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Excellence Playa Mujeres
- Excellence Punta Cana
QUOTES from Travelers:
Couples Negril was the ideal honeymoon resort for us. Adults-only, beautiful and tranquil. We loved the atmosphere and the food, drinks and service were fantastic. Our favorite thing was our couples massage in the treehouse on the beach and the included excursions – snorkeling and the sunset catamaran cruise were so much fun! You really can’t go wrong choosing Couples Negril for a honeymoon or relaxing vacation. – Jessica M.
Secrets Silversands was a very romantic and modern resort. The adult only getaway had many daily activities and excursions that were included in the price of the stay which we really enjoyed. The rooms were very modern with marble floors and a large jacuzzi tub to relax in, all rooms also included a hot tub on your own private balcony! The food was also very impressive and we ejoyed all of the restaurants! Most guest were not first time visitors and I’m sure it won’t be our last visit either! – Erica
- Take a copy of your marriage license to show the resort. There are often honeymoon courtesies.
- Make sure your name matches your passport or government issues I.D. (Don’t book with your married name, if your passport has your maiden name listed)
- Consider giving yourself a day to unwind after your wedding before leaving for your honeymoon. (If your reception ends at midnight and your flight leaves at 6:00 a.m. you will be tired, rushed, and more likely to forget something important).
- Go somewhere that neither of you have ever been! Experience something new together as you start your life together as husband and wife!
- Don’t let wedding details take over; start planning your honeymoon early.