Easy Fried Chicken Recipe
Going back to the basics with this! With this step-by-step, easy to follow recipe, learn how to make the BEST fried chicken!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 fryer chicken cut-up (or chicken breasts, tenders, whichever you prefer)
- vegetable oil enough to make 1/2 in. of oil in the pan you're using.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt optional (We really like a taste of salt on our fried chicken.)
- 1 teaspoon paprika optional
In dish or mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, and paprika/seasoned salt if preferred.
Pat chicken dry if wet.
Coat chicken with flour mixture.
In a skillet or cast iron, heat 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. (To test if the oil is ready, sprinkle in a pinch of the flour mixture to see if it sizzles.)
When the oil is ready, place chicken in oil, and fry on one side for 10 minutes or until golden brown. (I cover the pan with a lid to reduce splatter.)
Flip and fry the underside for an additional 10 minutes, or until bottom side is golden brown or until juice of chicken is clear. (I take the first piece out and cut at the thickest part to see if it's no longer pink.)
To make certain, the internal temperature of chicken (inserted, but not touching the bone) should be 165°F.
Serving: 1chicken wing | Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 2329mg | Potassium: 44mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1.6mg