Hot Chocolate Muddy Buddies Recipe
Rich chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and sweet powdered sugar cover these Chex mix cereal for a delicious snack! Make this easy recipe for a crowd-pleasing holiday recipe.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 18 servings
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ Corn Chex™ or Chocolate Chex™ cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 individual serving packets of Hot Chocolate we used .73 oz. packets
- miniature marshmallows optional
- crushed peppermint optional
In a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
In a 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir.
Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar and hot cocoa powder. Seal bag; shake until well coated.
Add marshmallows and crushed peppermint candies if desired. Shake.
Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Serving: 1serving (1/2 cup) | Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 189mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 5.3mg