Punch Recipe, the BEST of all punch recipes: Made with Sprite (or lemon-lime soda), pineapple juice, kool-aid, sugar, and water! So simple and easy and one of the best punch recipes there is!
It’s quite fun to be sharing one of the BEST punch recipes with you all today.
Perhaps it’s because:
- this recipe has went VIRAL on Pinterest and Google for being one of the favorites.
- it’s one of the most delicious childhood memories that I had as a little girl.
- because it’s literally is the best punch I’ve ever had.
- or because it’s SO SIMPLE!
We’ll go with all four and roll with it!
The BEST Holiday Punch Recipe
Each year during the holidays and at Christmas on the farm, my grandparents would make the traditional punch, in a 5-gallon bucket.
I kid you not. A big white bucket, a ladle, and serve it in solo cups. (Sometimes I think that added to the nostalgia of the punch, but I figured I better spruce up the serving container for it to be a little more “Pinterest,” worthy for you!)
More Drink Recipes You’ll Love:
- Peppermint Vanilla Latte (for those holiday beverages)
- Summer Cocktails for a Crowd
- 2 Ingredient Cran-Apple Martini (If you’d like an alcoholic option.)
Using a handful of ingredients, and AFFORDABLE ingredients at that… it’s easy to whip up this punch recipe for a crowd. (Think family gathering, holiday parties, play dates, summer time picnics, potlucks and so much more!)
This Fruit Punch Recipe Uses:
- Sprite (or lemon-lime soda)
- Pineapple Juice
- Packets of Kool-aid (Orange, lemon, strawberry and cherry)
It. Is. Sweet.
With sugar in the soda, sugar in the pineapple juice, and the added sugar in the recipe, you can count on any sweet tooth loving this punch recipe, and it’s a fruit punch recipe that your guests (kids and adults) will LOVE.
But if you want to cut back on the sugar a bit (I sure as heck wouldn’t recommend it), you always can. Give it a whirl the way we have it first, and then adjust it the next time.
With packets of kool-aid, lemon-lime soda (I use Sprite), and pineapple juice, this recipe combines some of the tastiest flavors around.
Tips for How to Serve Punch:
If you’re serving this for a large crowd, making it ahead of time is ideal! However, here are some tips to make it the BEST…
Add Sprite Just Before Serving:
Don’t add the lemon-lime soda, or Sprite until right before serving. This is to retain the carbonation of the soda, to give the punch a little “fizz.”
Serve in a Pretty Drink Dispenser
This recipe fits in a 2-gallon drink dispenser and can fit inside my refrigerator to keep chilled.
However, it can be served over ice, so if placing in a punch bowl before the party is more your style, that’s completely doable.
Garnish Your Punch
For each serving, it’s fun to garnish with a cute drink stirrer or actually, a sprig of rosemary looks FABULOUS for the holidays. OR rim the glass like I did for the Red Apple Martini’s here.
If serving in the Summer, easily garnish with mint, or additional fruit/leafy garnish like I did at our Favorite Things party HERE!
Party Punch Tip
If you plan to make your punch ahead of time, freeze some of it into ice cube trays (I’d say 1-2 trays) and before the party starts, empty the punch cubes into the punch so when they melt… it won’t water down your punch!
This way it will keep it cold, and still flavorful!
Like Easy Punch Recipes? You’re in Luck!
This recipe is incredibly easy, and “forgiving,” in case you’re short an ingredient, or want to change things up a bit. Feel free to experiment a little and add or take away anything you like! Now THAT’S simple.
Not this version. But although I’m no bartender, feel free to experiment with adding a bit of liquor like vodka, or wine to kick things up a bit!
If Making This Punch for a Party…
BEST Punch Recipe
- 1 package each Kool-Aid mix: Orange, Lemon, Cherry and Strawberry (small packets of each flavor – and the pkgs. that say it will make 2 quarts)
- 1 Gallon water
- 3.5 cups sugar super fine if possible, but not necessary
- 1 46 oz. can pineapple juice
- 1 2 liter bottle lemon-lime soda
- Mix together all ingredients EXCEPT lemon-lime soda.
- Right before serving, add in the lemon-lime soda
- Serve chilled or over ice.
LOVE THIS RECIPE?
I’d love for you to give it a star-rating to let others know how you liked it!
I so hope you enjoy this recipe, and it becomes a tradition every year for you too!
Love Party Ideas, Easy Recipes and Decorating Your Home?
Pin it to remember…