This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
Ribs on the Grill: Chipotle Apple Butter Ribs Recipe An easy grilled rib recipe, topped with a sauce that will flirt with your tastebuds!
Ribs on the Grill: Chipotle Apple Butter Ribs Recipe
When the temperature outside even grazes over the 60’s, we start the Spring grilling! (You know me, if it’ means less clean-up in the kitchen, then I’m totally game. Grilling tends to keep the mess and heat outside, so it’s a definite favorite cooking technique in our house!)
Like Quick and Easy Recipes?
If you’re in to quick and easy recipes, you’ll LOVE all of the recipes we have around here. Nothing complicated, and we only use ingredients you more than likely have on hand! Start browsing our recipes here:
Ribs… on the Grill?!?!
For YEARS, ribs intimidated me. I wasn’t sure how to make them. Do you bake them? Smoke them? Until I found out how easy it was to GRILL them on a charcoal grill, especially using my new favorite ribs! My girlfriend had me over the other day, and while visiting, I saw her prepping dinner for her family. Me, the nosey-food-loving gal, of course had to find out every little detail about what she was making.
She explained to me that one of her favorite ways to cook ribs was to grill them on her charcoal grill. After giving me the quick run-through of how she does it, I knew grilling the ribs would be in my near future.
Ribs of Choice:
Smithfield Fresh Pork “Extra Tender,” were the ribs of choice when I stopped by Walmart to attempt the grilled ribs recipe that evening. When I can get tender and juicy ribs from the start… then I’m already winning, right? I can’t wait to tell you what we put on these ribs to make them some of the most delicious ribs we’ve ever had.
Rub + Sauce:
The rub is made up of everyday ingredients, that you more than likely already have on hand, and well… the sauce may have been what caught your attention to come over here in the first place. You all, I can’t stress enough how delicious the two ingredients (apple butter + chipotle sauce) are together.
Tip: Wrap those babies in aluminum foil after applying the Chipotle Apple Butter sauce, to really trap in the flavor and juiciness of the ribs.
Chipotle Apple Butter Grilled Ribs Recipe
- 1 2-lb package Smithfield Fresh Pork Ribs
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 Cup apple butter
- 4 Tablespoons chipotle sauce
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- Light charcoal grill. (Its ready for the ribs when the charcoal turns to an ash color.)
- Rinse the ribs in water and patting dry with a paper towel.
- Remove the membrane, which is on the bottom of the ribs.
- Coat ribs with rub, and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place ribs on the grill over indirect heat. (Do not place directly over coals.)
- Grill on each side for about 30 minutes, on each side.
- Place ribs on a sheet of aluminum foil, and sauce both sides with the chipotle apple butter sauce. Wrap the ribs in the foil, cooking an additional 30 minutes to an hour for more tenderness.
- Make sure ribs reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Let rest for 3 minutes before serving. Serve with any remaining Chipotle Apple Butter Sauce.
If I Can, You Can:
You all, if you want to impress your family, or even have guests over for a bbq this Summer, you’ll want to give this recipe a try. No matter your level of expertise, you too can grill ribs!
Most Popular Recipe:
Don’t be left out… our most popular recipe right now according to our Pinterest page, and most-visited on the blog, is our guacamole recipe! Get the recipe NOW: