Baked BBQ Pork Steak Recipe in the Oven: Pork Steak Recipes can be so easy and this one can be made with little effort, showing you how and how to bake!
Pork Steak Recipe
If you have pork steaks or pork shoulders sitting in your freezer or refrigerator, then you may have happened upon here while trying to find one of the BEST pork steak recipes you can find, for an easy dinner recipe.
Well friend, I think you’re in the right place and that you’re going to love how easy and how delicious this pork steak recipe is.
If you also saw my slow cooker bbq pork steaks recipe, then you may already know that cooking them slowly, over a longer period of time makes the pork steak meat literally fall off of the bone.
But when you need something a bit quicker, baking pork steaks in the oven is an alternative that definitely won’t disappoint you and will also leave you with tender pork steaks.
How to Cook Pork Steak
Now of course you don’t have to cook pork steaks with bbq sauce, but here in the midwest, it’s really hard to cook them/eat them any other way.
Feel free to have fun creating sauces and using different spices for your pork steaks, but if you’re wanting to bake your steaks in the oven, then this is a great reference to find out how long to cook them. You can find the full recipe with ingredient list and instructions at the bottom of this post.
However, if you’re interested in a slow cooker pork steak recipe, then you’ll want to check out this recipe HERE!
Baked BBQ Pork Steak Recipe in the Oven
Another thing I love about this recipe is that you can cook one pork steak up to as many as you want/need!
The day that I made these to take photos for the blog, I only made two steaks, as it was just the right amount for what we needed that day…however I’ve created the recipe in the recipe card below to reflect 4 pork steaks, as that would be more common for a family of 4.
Start by preheating your oven to 400º and then cover your pork steaks with the salt and pepper.
Next, line a baking pan (large enough to fit the number of steaks you’re cooking, so they don’t overlap) with aluminum foil.
Drizzle a layer of barbeque sauce on the aluminum foil where you’ll place each steak.
Place your steaks down on the foil and sauce, and then cover steaks with remaining bbq sauce.
Bake the pork steaks uncovered for 50-60 minutes, (on the middle rack) or until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 145 degrees.
NOTE: Oven temperatures can vary, and some have reported that they prefer baking at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or checking the internal temp after 30 minutes to avoid over-cooking.
More Pork Recipes
We love having pork steaks and pork chops around here. They’re so easy and actually pretty affordable. Here are our favorite pork recipes that you don’t want to miss…
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Steaks
- Pan Fried Boneless Pork Chop Recipe
- BBQ Baked Boneless Pork Chops
- Sweet & Smokey Grilled Pork Chops
- Baked Pork Chops & Veggies in the Oven
- Ribs on the Grill: Chipotle Apple Butter Ribs
Sides to Serve with Pork Steaks
If you have the main dish figured out now, then what will you be serving with it? Here are the top side dish recipes that I recommend you serve alongside these delicious pork steaks:
Or, check out the entire side dish library HERE!
BBQ Pork Steaks in the Oven
- 4 pork steaks or pork shoulders
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 16 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rub salt and pepper on both sides of each pork steak if desired
- Line a baking pan (large enough to fit the number of steaks you’re cooking, so they don’t overlap) with aluminum foil.
- Drizzle half a bottle of barbeque sauce on the aluminum foil where you’ll place each steak.
- Place your steaks down on the foil and sauce, and then cover steaks with remaining bbq sauce.
- Bake the pork steaks at 400 degrees, uncovered for 50-60 minutes, (on the middle rack) or until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 145 degrees. NOTE: Oven temperatures can vary, and some have reported that they prefer baking at 350 for 50-60 minutes, or checking the internal temp after 30 minutes to avoid over-baking.
- Serve alongside your desired side dish or one our favorites HERE!