Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Bowls make serving ice cream, pudding or any sweet treat just a little more fun!
Hi fab friends! Keri back from Shaken Together with an easy way to add some fun to your holiday entertaining! ‘Tis the season for parties and get togethers, so your regular recipes and entertaining ideas are sure to get a work out. Instead of your stand by dessert, try serving ice cream sundaes (or any sweet treat) in these Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Bowls – your guests will love them! And since I am the queen of quick and easy recipes, you only need 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes to give plain ol’ waffle bowls a delicious holiday makeover!
- Candiquik – this is my favorite dipping chocolate, but you can also use almond bark or chocolate chips
- Peppermint Crunch baking chips – or crushed cookies, seasonal sprinkles, jimmies, coconut, etc.
- Mini waffle cone bowls
Now let’s getting dipping!
Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Bowls
I like to set up a dipping station before I get rolling so I can dip all of my bowls before the Candiquik sets up as it cools. So, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Fill a shallow bowl with the peppermint chips (and maybe even some pretty sparkly sugar sprinkles). Then, once you dip your waffle cone bowls, you can easy move them to the baking sheet with minimal mess.
• First, dip each bowl into the melted Candiquik. Shake off any excess chocolate and immediately place the dipped waffle cone bowl into the peppermint chips. Push chips around the edge of the waffle cone bowl so they stick to the melted chocolate. Finally, carefully move each bowl to the baking sheet and set it dipped side down. (The parchment paper will prevent the bowls from sticking, so don’t worry!)
I pop the baking sheet in the fridge to help the Candiquik set up, but if you live in a cool climate with minimal humidity (lucky you!), yours very well may set up on their own.
• The last step is to fill each chocolate dipped waffle cone with your favorite sweet treat! Think ice cream, pudding, no bake cheesecake, a snack mix or even candy. This was totally my chance to indulge in my favorite limited edition ice cream … Peppermint Stick!
You can easily exchange the peppermint chips for coconut or white/gold sprinkles for New Years, heart shaped sprinkles or red hots for Valentine’s Day and multi-colored sprinkles for birthdays … these chocolate dipped waffle cone bowls will be making an appearance at all of our celebrations this year 🙂
Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cone Bowls
- 1/2 cup Candiquik can substitute with any dipping chocolate
- 1/2 cup peppermint crunch baking chips can substitute with crushed cookies, seasonal sprinkles, coconut, nuts, etc
- 4 mini waffle cone bowls
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour toppings in a shallow dish and set aside.
- Prepare Candyquik and dip waffle bowls into chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate and immediately dip into toppings.
- Move each dipped bowl to parchment paper-lined baking sheet dipped side down.
- Place waffle bowls in the fridge for 10 minutes to help harden.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Here are a few more fun holiday ideas from Shaken Together!
Hope you all have a fantabulous holiday season!! See you again soon!
Amazing! It iz the beautiful, tasty and color recipe!
Thank you Tanya!!! It’s very festive for sure! 🙂
So cute and festive 🙂
keri @ shaken together says
Thanks, Sarah! And super easy, too!