Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries + Pecans: This baked in the oven recipe using a sweet honey glaze, is an easy side dish you’ll love!
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon, Cranberries & Sweet Glaze
I’m not sure who it was that got me to try brussel sprouts for the first time. But man alive I’m so glad that they did.
P.S. I’m pretty sure they’re supposed to be called “brussels sprouts” but a common way that they’re spelled nowadays is without the “s”. So I’m just going to keep on keepin’ on and stick with brussel, for the sake of what I’ve found that most are calling it online.
But I have to admit… I’ve never really had any that weren’t roasted, and that may make a big difference because they get an incredible flavor when cooked this way, and even better when slightly charred… in my opinion. I found this out when I made my favorite garlic roasted broccoli!
Sweet Brussel Sprouts
I’ll never forget the first time I’ve had a sweet glaze on a brussel sprout because it was a GAME CHANGER.
So if you haven’t had a sweeter brussel sprouts recipe like this one that’s combined with the flavors of the bacon, dried cranberries and pecans, I really encourage you to try it.
How to Make Roasted Brussel Sprouts
I’ll walk you through how to make the brussel sprouts if you’re more of a visual person, but if you prefer to jump right to the recipe, you can scroll to the very bottom and grab the recipe card, print, save on Pinterest, or whatever you prefer to do!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash, trim and cut your 3 pounds of brussel sprouts in half.
3. Place your brussel sprouts in a baking sheet…
4. In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
5. Pour mixture over brussel sprouts.
6. Hand toss to coat…
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring once during bake time. (Or until slightly blackened.)
8. Evenly distribute 12 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon, 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 3/4 cup toasted pecans, chopped, and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with a Sweet Glaze
- 3 lbs. raw brussel sprouts
- 12 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 3/4 cup toasted pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425℉
- Prepare brussel sprouts by washing, trimming and cutting in half.
- Place brussel sprouts on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil mixture over brussel sprouts on the pan.
- Hand toss to coat.
- Bake at 425℉ for 30 minutes or until slightly blackened stir once during bake time.
- Evenly distribute bacon crumbles, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries to the baking sheet. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
The sweet flavors combined with the salty crunch of the crisp leaves of the outer edges of the brussel sprouts are INCREDIBLE.
More Easy Side Dishes You’ll Love
If you love easy side dishes, whether that’s to serve with a fancy steak dinner or a quick weeknight dinner for your family… you’ll love these: