This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
RO*TEL Chicken Empanadas: A delicious blend of chicken, RO*TEL, sour cream, cheese and spices inside of small pastries, that will make your tastebuds jump for joy!
RO*TEL Chicken Empanadas
It’s the month of May and you know what THAT means! It’s fiesta TIME around here. When I shared the Sweet Confetti Fiesta party with you a couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I’d share ALL of the recipes that we filled the table with.
So today, I’m sharing the RO*TEL Chicken Empanadas recipe with you, and you’re going to love the ease behind these little tasty morsels. Mmmm, the combination of cheese, chicken, sour cream and spices combined with RO*TEL (to banish the bland and bring on the bold) was incredible!
We use RO*TEL in so many recipes, whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even snacks, because it’s add a spicy spin that we love, and it’s so easy to add a can to whatever we are making. Plus, it can be used in so many ways; toppings, dips, marinades, and so much more!
Let’s get started with the filling of these babies. Seriously, I could have eaten this like a salad right out of the bowl. (But I didn’t, because it was about to get even better.)
• First, you’ll mix the filling ingredients together in a bowl. Then, using a 2 or 3 in. circle cutter, (or a wide-mouth drinking glass) cut out circles of the pastry sheet.
• Place a dollop of filling in the center, and brush an egg wash around the edges to help it “stick,” when you fold it over.
• Use a fork to seal the edges together so it will lock in that yummy filling.
Pop ’em in the oven, and bake at 425 for approximately 10 minutes, or until they reach a golden brown.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie Chicken)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 T fresh cilantro
- 1 can RO*TEL - drained
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 puff pastry sheets (2 usually come in a pack)
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Preheat oven to 425
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients.
- Unfold puff pastry, and cut 2 in circles with a cookie cutter
- Put 1 Tbsp of the chicken mixture in the center of each circle
- Mix egg and water together to create egg wash
- Brush egg wash around the edges of the circle and fold to make a half circle
- Use fork to seal.
- Poke a couple of holes on top with a toothpick to let steam
- Place on a baking sheet or cake pan, and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dip with sour cream if desired.
I so hope you enjoy this easy recipe. They’re great for a weeknight meal, OR to serve as an appetizer for any part that you host.
You can find more RO*TEL recipes for your fiesta’s this month (or any time of the year), HERE!
You can easily find RO*TEL at Walmart in this isle:
Stay tuned for the THIRD recipe that we featured at our Fiesta party, the Mexi-Pinwheels! For all of you “no-bake,” and “no-cook,” lovers out there… you’ll adore this one!