Energy Bites: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, No Bake Recipe – An easy, delicious combination of ingredients, and a great way to incorporate flax seed in your diet too!
Energy Bites: A No Bake Recipe
If you remember my “skinny” no-bake cookie oatmeal recipe, then you know I absolutely LOVE finding healthier ways to make some of my guilty pleasures.
Plus, if its something that can be made easily and ahead of time, so that my boys can walk to the fridge and pull out what they need… then it’s even BETTER!
This recipe that I’m sharing with you today, for energy bites, are made using ingredients that you more than likely have on hand, or are easy to snag at your local grocery store… or of course, Amazon!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Energy Bites
So I’m totally a sucker for anything chocolate and peanut butter. I firmly believe that these two ingredients were meant to be one, and can make the most simplest recipe, the absolute best.
So if you’re trying to make healthy snacks for yourself or for your family, with using things like gluten free oats, (oatmeal) flaxseed and honey, instead of sugar and flour… then chocolate and peanut butter are fantastic ingredients to help disguise the “healthy”.
You can snag the full recipe card below, to snag all of the ingredients that you need for this recipe, and you can even print it off to save in your own recipe card box too!
Mix all of your ingredients together, then using your hand, form the energy bites in to round balls. You’ll then place them on wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before eating.
Then, store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator or freezer so you all can grab one as you wish!
Way better than reaching for a chocolate chip cookie, right?
Energy Bites: Chocolate, Peanut Butter, No Bake Recipe
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy and natural
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips optional
- Place a piece of wax paper on a plate and set aside.
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and roll with clean hands into balls.
- Place each ball onto the prepared plate.
- Once the mixture is used up, place the plate in the fridge to allow the bites to chill for 20 minutes.
- Transfer energy bites to an air-tight container and store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat.
I so hope you enjoy this no bake energy bites recipe! I’d love to know if you liked it, or if you did something different… be sure to let me know!
I’m always looking for fun and new ideas to try in the kitchen!