Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Recipe: I went YEARS without knowing about a fried (or grilled) peanut butter and jelly. It’s heavenly. Who knew!?
I’ll never forget the day, about a year in to our marriage (and 11th year of being together) my manly man of a husband said,
Babe, can you make me a fried peanut butter and jelly?”
What? What in the heck are you talking about?
A fried peanut butter and jelly.”
I dunno what you’re talking about.
Jessica, it’s like a grilled cheese, but a peanut butter and jelly. Here, I’ll show you.”
I immediately began to wonder if I had been stuck under a rock all of these years, and everyone knew what this was, or if this was just some hillbilly thing that my husband made up. (I say that, because he likes to call me his little “hillbilly,” so I’m paying him back one with that statement.) I’m still honestly asking myself if anyone has ever heard of this. Which brings me to sharing it on the blog.
Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Recipe
Only in rare occasions do I make a fried peanut butter and jelly for him, because as you can tell… it’s probably not something you want on your new diet plan. However when I have had a late lunch, and he’s the only one hungry, I may surprise him, and whip one up, just to make his day. It’s also a weekend breakfast surprise that I impulsively create.
I’ve yet to feed it to my kids, but I have a feeling that they would be begging for it everyday if they knew of such a thing.
If you’ve made yourself a grilled cheese, don’t worry… you’ll nail this one.
1. Make a regular peanut butter and jelly. WAIT… don’t eat it yet. (It’s tempting for me, EVERY time.)
2. Butter each side of the sandwich. (I usually butter one side, lay the buttered side down in the hot skillet, and then butter the top. Or you’ll have messy hands if you try to butter both sides while holding it.)
3. Wait until the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown, and then flip. When that side is golden brown… you guessed it. It’s done.
I may, or may not sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top when it’s done, just to tell my husband I love him.
Seriously. That’s it. That’s a fried peanut butter and jelly.
Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices bread white or whole wheat
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter smooth
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon jelly grape, strawberry, or raspberry
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Spread butter onto the outside of each bread slice and place on a pan over medium heat. Let cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
Have you ever had this? Heard of it? Or did I seriously just make your day?
Pin it, so you don’t forget it: