Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich: made toasted with butter, it’s like a grilled cheese but BETTER!
Sandwiches are quick and easy for lunch and when you combine quick and easy lunches with a delicious ingredient like peanut butter… the worlds collide! Serve with chili and you’re set!
Peanut butter lover? You’ll also love this no-bake peanut butter pie!
Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Recipe
It’s really easy to make and if you’ve made a grilled cheese before, you can definitely make this!
It’s the perfect treat, quick lunch idea or even dinner idea if you’re pressed for time and just want something quick, yet warm!
Now, although it may sound easy to make a pb&j, did you know there’s a right way on how to make a peanut butter and jelly? It’s true.
I’ve shared tips for no ripped bread, how to make sure it sticks together and more!
You guessed it… peanut butter, jelly, and bread. BUT… you also want to get the butter out too, so you can fry the outside of the bread and give it that crunch, delicious flavor!
How to Make a Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich
1. Make a regular peanut butter and jelly.
2. Butter each side of the sandwich. (I usually butter one side, lay the buttered side down in the hot skillet, and then butter the top. Or you’ll have messy hands if you try to butter both sides while holding it.)
3. Wait until the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown, and then flip. When that side is golden brown… you guessed it. It’s done.
Sometimes for an extra special touch, I’ll sprinkle powdered sugar on it!
More Recipes You’ll Love:
Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
- 2 slices bread white or whole wheat
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter smooth
- 1-1/2 Tablespoon jelly grape, strawberry, or raspberry
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Spread butter onto the outside of each bread slice and place on a pan over medium heat. Let cook 2-3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes
Have you ever had this? Heard of it? Or did I seriously just make your day?