As I was walking towards my trash can with 3 really ripe bananas the other day, I stopped in my tracks and realized that I could put those nasty looking things to some good use!
Ok, so I knew I wanted to find an easy banana bread recipe, because my toddler was sitting at the table coloring (which only lasts minutes), and my newborn was due to eat in like 30 minutes.
I began scouring the internet for an “Easy Banana Bread Recipe,” and found a few on Pinterest, and combined them to make it more to my liking!
Easy Banana Bread Recipe:
I knew I had the CUTEST little mini loaf baking pan that I wanted to use, so I had to adjust the baking time a little, rather than what the original recipe called for. (I wasn’t sure how long to bake them, so I just started checking the middle after about 20 minutes of baking, and removed them when a toothpick inserted in to the middle came out clean. Keep in mind, all mini loaf pans and paper pans, are not the same size, so time will differ for you too!)
I truly believe there’s an ingredient in this banana bread recipe that makes it so good, and moist. Buttermilk. Yes, really! (Don’t have buttermilk on hand, DON’T worry. Just use a bit of lemon juice and regular milk to substitute. More details below.)
- 1/2 c. buttermilk (or you can combine 1/2 c. milk with 2 tsp. lemon juice & set aside to curdle)
- 3/4 c. butter, softened (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 c. very ripe bananas (mashed, which is about 3 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat your oven to 325
- Cream the butter and the sugar
- Add in the mashed bananas
- Add in the eggs
- Mix all together until combined
- In a separate bowl. mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture and the buttermilk alternatively to the creamed mixture, and mix on low or by hand until combined.
- If you're adding chocolate chips/pecans, add to mixture and hand stir to combine
- Pour into two greased pans, or mini loaf pans.
- If baking in two regular loaf pans, bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes. If baking in mini loaf pans, bake at 325, and begin checking after 20 minutes with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. (Because each mini loaf size is different, like mentioned above.)
If you’re feeling ambitious, throw in some chocolate chips or pecans, just before baking for an added “yumm-o” factor! 😉
My boys DEVOURED this banana bread recipe. It didn’t last one day in our house…. Oooops!
Did you make this banana bread? Let me know if you liked it!
Share the love and pin this image: