Mint & chocolate. Chocolate and mint.
I doubt I really need to go on, because I’ve already lost your attention with the two ingredients that I started out with.
But I will.
Mint Chocolate Brownies
Baaaah! It’s so easy you guys. Just make your brownies with a mix that you love, and add a few extras…
Full Recipe Below…
Of course, these little glorious things would be a perfect Christmas dessert, but they’d be delightful all year.
I’m already thinking how I can make these mint chocolate brownies, to include them on a “green,” themed dessert table for a party.
Mint Chocolate Frosted Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix prepare batter according to box directions
- 16 ounce bag chocolate mint hard candy
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick (4 Tablespoons) butter softened
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare the brownie batter per the box directions.
- Unwrap and roughly chop the chocolate mint candies, mix half into the brownie batter.
- Pour the brownie batter into pan and bake according to box instructions, about 25 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to fully cool.
For the Frosting:
- Use an electric mixer to whip the butter until smooth.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and the peppermint extract, mix until fully combined with the mixer.
- Fold in the remaining powder sugar and food coloring, then mix until smooth. Note, if frosting seems too thick, add a dash of milk.
- Spread the frosting over the cooled brownies.
For the Chocolate Drizzle:
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the butter and chocolate chips and mix until smooth. Spoon into a pastry or zip-top bag.
- Snip the corner/tip and drizzle all over frosting.
- Top brownies with the remaining chocolate mint candies
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.