Noodle Bowl -An easy, healthy weeknight meal that can be made vegan and gluten-free, and is a veggie bowl that even non-vegetarians will love!
I am such a fan of a dish having a crunch to it so that usually means that nuts, seeds or veggies have to be in it. Well, this noodle bowl recipe is hitting the “crunch” factor perfectly!
Plus, if you’re a fan of vegan recipes, you’ll want to add this to your recipe box PRONTO!
With ingredients like:
- Soba/Buckwheat Noodles
- Coconut Oil
- Fresh Ginger
- Green onion and Sesame Seeds (optional)
the texture is AMAZING and with the added sauce made of:
- Soy Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Sesame Oil
- Maple Syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- Grated Ginger
the flavor is dynamite!
You’ll start by cooking your noodles according to package directions.
Then, whisk together ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, and set aside.
Cook the Mushrooms First:
Grab your skillet or wok, and melt 2 tablespoonful coconut oil over medium-high heat.
Add your garlic and ginger, and cook for one minute.
Grab your mushrooms and cook for about five minutes, and remove mushrooms from skillet.
Cook Remaining Veggies
Melt remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in the skillet, and add shallots and cook about three minutes. Then add broccoli, carrots, and kale, and cook for about 5 minutes. Add your mushrooms back into the skillet and cook another 3 to 5 minutes, until the veggies are tender.
Add the cooked noodles and the sauce to the skillet, and stir to coat. Cook for about 2 minutes and serve in bowls topped with sesame seeds and green onion.
Serve this gloriousness in bowls topped with sesame seeds and green onion and you’re ready for a bowl of flavor!
Noodle Bowl With Veggies
- 5 oz Soba/buckwheat noodles or 1/2 package
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated (can substitute 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder)
- 1 qt. mushrooms sliced
- 1 shallot chopped
- 1.5 cup broccoli florets
- 1 carrot julienned or shredded
- 3 stalks kale de-ribbed and chopped
- green onion chopped, for garnish/topping
- sesame seeds for garnish/topping
For the Sauce
- .25 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey, if not vegan)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or more if desired
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Whisk together ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoonful coconut oil in skillet or wok, over med-high heat. Add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add in mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in skillet. Add shallots and cook about 3 minutes. Add broccoli, carrots and kale. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms back to skillet and cook another 3 to 5 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Add the cooked noodles and the sauce to the skillet. Stir to coat. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with sesame seeds and green onion.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
More Easy Main Dish Recipes
If you’re meal planning or just looking to add more recipes to your rotating dinner menu, then you’ll LOVE the recipes in our EASY RECIPES archives.
Yum! Love this! Wish I made more, it all got gobbled up with no left overs!
That’s fantastic! I’m so glad that you like it! Thank you!