Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast: An easy recipe that you can make at home, but tastes like it was made in a pleasant little breakfast joint on vacation!
Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast
So today my recipe post is a bit different. I usually share photos of the entire cooking/baking process (which I’m sure some of you love, and some of you it annoys) in my recipes, but today I’m only sharing photos of the end result.
Why? Because this is the stuffed strawberry cream cheese french toast that I made on Facebook LIVE the other morning, and I didn’t think to take photos along the way. (Something about trying to multi-task with being a mom, cooking on LIVE video, and whipping up a new dish with a little trial and error.)
You can see the Facebook LIVE where we made this recipe HERE!
Ever since our trip to Cocoa Beach back in 2011, my husband had been longing for the stuffed french toast that he had at a cute little breakfast joint. I told him that I’d do my best to recreate it for him one day, and I’m ashamed to admit that it took a whoppin’ 6 years to do it.
But… I’m happy to say that when he took his first bite he said:
Honey, this is it. The cream cheese could be a bit thicker, but this is it!
I was so happy to hear him say that! Now, what I said to follow up was:
Uh, yeah. Sorry about that runny cream cheese. The french toast got cold when I was taking photos of it for the blog. So I had to pop it all back in to the microwave to warm it back up for you. Hence the cream cheese being runny.
He just smiled at me with his “I’m used to that” smile.
So I’m tickled pink to share this strawberry cream cheese stuffed french toast with you! Serve it alongside a cup of coffee (if you like coffee of course) and it’s a bit of heaven.
Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- 8 slices bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter or non stick cooking spray for greasing the griddle
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese softened
- 5-6 strawberries
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks, heavy cream, and cinnamon together
- Preheat your griddle to 350 and coat with butter or cooking spray
- Dip one piece of bread into the egg mixture, and coat both sides of the bread, placing on the griddle when coated.
- Repeat with the remaining 7 slices of bread.
- Cook french toast for 1 minute/or until browned, and flip, cooking for another minute until brown on the other side.
- When all 8 slices are cooked, stack on top of one another to trap in heat while preparing cream cheese filling. (I put mine in the microwave - not heating - but to only keep warm.)
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Slice 3-4 strawberries and add to cream cheese mixture. Mix until strawberries have mixed into the filling.
- Next assemble stuffed french toast by placing a piece of french toast on a plate, and top with about a tablespoon of the strawberry cream cheese filling. Spread on top of the french toast.
- Top with another piece of french toast.
- Top with another dollop of filling, syrup, strawberry slices, and powdered sugar.
For more “slightly homemade” recipes, you can snag them all HERE!