Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe – these easy breakfast sandwiches take all the classic breakfast staples and combine them into a fun, handheld meal that is fun for kids and adults alike.
Easy Breakfast Idea: Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
Hey Fantabulosity readers! It’s Meg from Meg’s Everyday Indulgence here.
I love sharing simple, delicious recipes that seem a little special but use easy to find everyday ingredients. I’m so excited to have the opportunity to share an easy breakfast idea with you all today.
School is almost in session which means it’s time for all the planning and preparation that goes into a successful new school year.
Gone are the lazy days of summer when you can lounge around before figuring out what to eat for breakfast. You need a plan and I hope today’s recipe can help make your mornings run smoothly.
When it comes to breakfast food my kids are luckily not too picky but they are a lot like me and crave variety.
I’m so not the kind of person that can eat the same thing day after day so I brainstorm often for fun but easy breakfast options to feed my crew. Emphasis on easy.
That way I have a handful of easy breakfast ideas that I know they will eat and that won’t take me too much time to prepare.
These Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches are a fun and super simple idea I came up with this summer that I knew would be perfect for the school year or to enjoy on your commute to work.
Kid Friendly and Easily Adjusted to Suit Your Tastes
There really isn’t anything not to like about these cute little guys. They consist of a classic lineup of waffles, eggs, cheese, and bacon.
If bacon isn’t your thing (not sure if we can be friends) you can substitute a portion of a sausage patty or a slice of Canadian bacon. Leave off the cheese or add a slice of avocado to make it your own.
My kids and husband enjoyed dunking them in maple syrup. I always prefer savory so I went with a dash of hot sauce. You do you.
And what kid (or adult for that matter) doesn’t enjoy food in miniature?!
My favorite thing about these Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches is that you can prep them ahead of time for busy school mornings. I don’t know about you but getting kids up, dressed, fed and out the door can turn into quite a circus act so I’ll take any help I can get. I live for finding all the ways to get things done ahead of time.
Let’s Make These Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
First, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy. Pour out all but a tablespoon of the bacon grease. Yep, we’re scrambling those eggs in bacon grease, my friends.
Pop the mini waffles in the toaster so they’ll get nice and crispy.
Next, whisk the eggs in a bowl until it’s completely yellow all the way through and no longer see any white streaks. Cook the eggs the bacon grease until they are just set then fold in the cheese.
To assemble the sandwiches, start with a mini waffle then top with a scoop of cheesy eggs and a strip of bacon then top with another waffle. Keep assembling and distribute to your people.
To Prepare for the Freezer
Assemble the sandwiches and wrap individually with foil. Place the foil-wrapped mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches Recipe – these easy breakfast sandwiches take all the classic breakfast staples and combine them into a fun, sandwiches in a freezer bag and place them in the freezer.
When you’re ready to eat them, unwrap then pop them on a baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Whether you need an easy breakfast idea for the kids before school or a handheld meal on the run, these Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches have you covered.
Mini Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
- 3 slices bacon, each cut into thirds
- 4 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 18 mini frozen waffles
- Optional additions: avocado slices, maple syrup, hot sauce
- Heat a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to skillet and cook until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Dump all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease from the skillet then place back over the heat. Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk until yellow and no white streaks appear. Add eggs to the skillet and scramble until just cooked. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Allow to melt.
- Meanwhile, toast waffles until crisp.
- To assemble: lay out 9 mini waffles and divide eggs evenly among them. Top each with a strip of bacon. Top with another waffle and enjoy.
- Freezer instructions: assemble waffle sandwiches and allow to cool completely. Wrap each sandwich tightly with foil then place in a gallon freezer bag. Freeze until ready to eat. To reheat: heat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap desired amount of sandwiches and place on a baking sheet. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until heated through and crisped.