Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich: This easy breakfast sandwich is made with brioche, over easy egg, cheese and crispy bacon! It definitely makes your breakfast something to brag about!
Why you’ll love this!
- This sandwich is a delicious breakfast sandwich but it can also be served all day long or even a late night snack!
- It’s incredibly easy, uses simple ingredients, and can be changed up to reflect your favorite flavors and textures.
First, I really recommend using thick cut bacon for this recipe. I use thick cut, because I’m a texture gal, and when I can really taste the thick cut of bacon in a bite… my bacon love language is on high-alert.
- sliced cheese (we used white American cheese)
- bun (We used brioche but you can use a hamburger bun, Hawaiian bun, etc.)
Then, you’ll want an egg, a slice of cheese and a bun for each sandwich you want to make!
Step 1: Cook the Bacon
Cook the bacon. (I’m a “crunchy” bacon kind of gal, but I have friends and family members that prefer it’s not cooked as long. So however you prefer your bacon, feel free to cook it as long as you like! Just make sure it is fully cooked!) Set aside, and keep warm. You can even cook bacon in the air fryer if you have one!
Step 2: Over Easy Egg
If you’ve noticed “over-easy” eggs on sandwiches all over the menus in your favorite restaurants lately, then you know that eggs aren’t just for breakfast anymore. I think it takes sandwiches to a whole new level.
So gently cook your over-easy eggs, being careful not to bust the egg yolk. (You’ll want to bust that yolk when cutting the sandwich in half, right before serving!)
Step 3: Assemble!
Slice your brioche bun in half, and layer on a slice of cheese, and then top with two slices of bacon. (I sliced each bacon piece in half, so the bacon pieces would sit better on the sandwich.)
Then, carefully top with your over-easy egg, and the top of the brioche bun.
Sometimes, I don’t get so lucky to “pop” the egg yolk when I slice it, but nevertheless, the combination of the crunch of the bacon with the other ingredients is DYNAMITE!
If you won’t be serving the breakfast sandwiches right away, you can wrap them in aluminum foil for easy transportation or to keep warm!
Feel free to experiment and substitute items for this sandwich. Such as:
- Cheese: The type of cheese is up to you! Here are some of our favorites: swiss, provolone, pepper jack, gouda
- Meat: Turkey Bacon, sausage, ham, turkey (or skip the meat and just do cheese and egg sandwiches)
- Bun: Hamburger bun, Hawaiian bun, slider, buttermilk biscuit, kaiser roll, bagel
- Eggs: If you’re not a fan of runny eggs, you can easily cook a fried egg and top with the fluffy egg instead
Want to kick things up a notch with some extra fun flavors? Here are some ideas of what you can top this sandwich with:
- Hot Sauce
Other Bacon Sandwich Ideas
If you’re looking for other fun bacon sandwich recipes ideas, here are a few ideas you can play around with!
- Bacon, lettuce, tomato, over-easy egg
- Bacon, avocado, tomato
- Bacon, chicken, ranch dressing
- Bacon grilled cheese
Then for some added extra fun, combine some of those sandwich ideas to make a whole new sandwich!
If you loved this sandwich recipe, then you’ll also want to make sure you get your hands on this hot ham and cheese sandwich recipe, too!
Did you make this? I’d be so grateful if you left a review below to let me know what you thought! Then, the next time you need a quick and easy recipe, come back to Fantabulosity to browse all of my easy recipes!
Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1 slice cheese American, swiss or your favorite
- 1 brioche bun Or hamburger bun
- Cook bacon. You can place bacon slices on a plate lined with a paper towel, and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- While bacon in microwaving, you can cook your over easy egg in a skillet on the stove. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Carefully crack egg over skillet, being careful not to bust the yolk.
- Cook egg for about 2 minutes, and carefully flip egg over, using a spatula and cook for another minute or so. You'll want the egg white fully cooked but the yolk still be runny inside.
- Build the sandwich: Place slice of cheese on bottom bun, layer cooked bacon and top with over easy egg. Place top bun on top, and serve!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.