French Toast Recipe – The Best + Simple + Easy: A recipe for french toast, that doesn’t require a ton of time in the kitchen, and uses everyday items!
I’ve made French Toast for years. It was a childhood favorite, especially when my mom used homemade bread to make french toast. (But I’m not as “on top of my game,” as she was/is.)
Now french toast can be as easy as dipping bread into whisked eggs and throwing into a hot pan.
But adding a few other everyday ingredients to really step up your french toast game, can be a game changer.
More than likely, you also have these extra ingredients on hand… so if you’re making french toast on a whim, you’re more than likely in luck!
Easy French Toast Trick
Rather than mixing up the ingredients into a bowl, and dipping each piece of bread, one-at-a-time into the bread mixture, I’ve found that I LOVE placing the sliced bread into a ziptop back and pouring the egg mixture over it.
TIP: If doing a lot of french bread at once, you may only want to do a few pieces at a time in the ziptop bag. If too crowded, it may be hard for each piece to be covered by the egg mixture.
Also, be careful pulling each piece out of the bag as it is now “wet” and it may rip easier.
No-Fail French Toast
If you prefer to stick with the standard approach of making french toast, feel free to follow these steps!
This way you can make sure each piece is covered perfectly!
Full recipe card at the end of this post!
- Mix eggs, cream, and vanilla together in a wide, shallow bowl
- Place one piece of bread in egg mixture and flip to cover other side and place on buttered griddle (or pan)
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love:
- The BEST Bread Pudding Recipe
- Brioche French Toast
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Fluffy Homemade Pancakes from Scratch
- Easy Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
- French Toast Bake
French Toast Recipe
- 4 slices French bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract more or less to taste
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt I prefer Kosher
- powdered sugar
- fresh fruit
- pure maple syrup
- Preheat and butter griddle to 375 degrees F
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, vanilla, cream, cinnamon, and salt until eggs are fully beaten.
- You can either:Pour egg mixture into ziptop bag, over bread slices to coat. Seal the bag, and gently massage the egg mixture over the bread, trying to fully coat the bread. Let the bag rest for one minute, and turn the bag over, letting it sit for another minute. Using tongs, grab each piece of bread, and place on the griddle
- OR, place one piece of bread in to the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides of bread with egg mixture.
- Place batter-covered bread slices on to the heated griddle.
- Once first side of toast is “browned,” flip to the other side to “brown”
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
I usually top my kiddos French Toast with fruit, and syrup. If I can get in a little something “healthy,” I do.
More Breakfast Recipes
If you love this recipe, then you’ll LOVE these french toast recipes that are sure to please your family!
Or Are Pancakes More Your Style…
Breakfast recipes are some of our favorites around here, so if you love breakfast as much as we do, then you can browse the breakfast recipe archives HERE!