Pancake Recipe – Easy, Fluffy, American Pancakes – This easy homemade from scratch recipe uses everyday ingredients that you probably already have on hand and makes fluffy, perfect pancakes every time!
I couldn’t be MORE excited to share with you my first video from my recent self-retreat.
What’s a self retreat?
I wasn’t going to let this beautiful kitchen go to waste on my self-retreat, and I have been wanting to film a “How to make pancakes” recipe video for a VERY long time. So I couldn’t think of a better time to do it. You can find the video below at the end of this post with the recipe!
You’ll Also Love These Easy Pancake Recipes:
Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe
This pancake recipe is super easy, and a concoction of my mom’s pancake recipe combined with a few other’s that I found online, and in my opinion… is quite possibly my favorite fluffy pancake recipe now. I may actually have to say “goodbye” to my store-bought pancake mix! (Eeeeek, did I just say that?)
How to Make Pancakes from Scratch…
I honestly thought using a pancake mix was saving me a ton of time and ingredients, when in reality… making homemade pancakes from scratch doesn’t involve much time nor fancy ingredients. You should have everything you need already on hand if you tend to keep up on your pantry staples!
Get the full, printable recipe at the end of this blog post, where you can print it, review it, save it on Pinterest… whatever tickles your fancy!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pancakes, or Other Fun “Extras!”
Now, for this purpose of this video, I wanted to make a BASIC pancake. So, I left out some of my favorite pancake additions. I absolutely love adding special toppings, fillings, and even secret ingredients to sneak in for my kids. I love adding things like:
- chocolate chips (milk chocolate or white chocolate)
- whipped cream
- butternut squash (See my sneaky veggie pancake recipe for my kids: Butternut Squash Pancakes)
- strawberry cream cheese (See my Stuffed Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast recipe)
- sweet potatoes
- pumpkin (See my Pumpkin White Chocolate Pancakes with White Chocolate Maple Syrup recipe)
- sprinkles and candy for special occasions
…in case you feel like adding a little pizzaz to your own homemade pancake recipe!
After you make the basic pancake recipe below, feel free to add in a little of any of those toppings above, and gently fold in to the batter! Fry as usual!
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
If you’re looking for a buttermilk pancake recipe, it’s easier than you think! Just follow the steps in this recipe and substitute the whole milk for buttermilk!
Pancake Mix Tip
To save even more time in the future, whip up extra dry ingredients, mixed together to make a pancake mix and store in a sealable container or bag. Then, just add the wet ingredients when it comes time to make!
Pro Tip: Print off the recipe card below and tape it to the plastic container for easy reference!
Use a tablespoon of butter, and melt in the skillet over medium heat.
Using the 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out a serving of batter on the butter covered pan.
When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, flip.
Cook this side of the pancake for about 1-2 minutes, r until the color of the underside of the pancake reaches a golden brown.
The baking powder in this recipe helps, but the key is to NOT overmix the batter. You want it to be lumpy. Stirring or whisking too much will result in a flat pancake.
Again, not whisking too much, but if you’re still struggling, let the batter rest before frying in the skillet, for say 10 minutes, and then fry.
Favorite Kitchen Products for Making Homemade Pancakes
Fluffy Pancake Recipe – Easy American Pancakes
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1-1/4 cups whole milk or buttermilk for buttermilk pancakes
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Next, add in the milk, egg, 3 tbsp. melted butter and vanilla.
- Using a whisk, lightly mix the batter blending the ingredients. Do not overmix. Lumps are good!
- Use an additional tablespoon of butter, and melt in the pan over medium heat.
- Using the 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out a serving of batter on the butter covered pan.
- When bubbles start to form on top of the pancake, flip.
- Cook this side of the pancake for about 1-2 minutes, or until the color of the underside of the pancake reaches a golden brown.
What is YOUR favorite topping or ingredient in pancakes?
I’d love to hear what fun things you’ve added to your pancakes over the years. Just comment below and let me know! Or tag #Fantabulosity in your images of your pancakes on social media so I can follow along and see how yours turned out!
Pin this image to remember the recipe for later!
Want More Easy Homemade Recipes?
If you love easy recipes, then you’re REALLY going to love the recipe archives here on the blog. Plenty to choose from, pin, and refer to often as I’m always adding new recipes for your kitchen toolbox!
Make sure to pin this pancake recipe below, so you have it the next time you need it!