Easy Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling Recipe: For Crepes: So quick and easy, your family will think you got up early to prepare this special treat!
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Crepes
Well, usually it’s coffee that pulls me out of bed in the morning, but when I have Cinnamon Cream Cheese Crepes on the breakfast menu, it’s this gloriousness that leaves me jumping out of bed.
Impress the heckoutta him:
My husband’s love for crepes began when we went to Cocoa Beach, Florida two years ago, (see a photo from that trip here), when we stopped at a little breakfast place called “Simply Delicious.” You talk about Heaven on a plate. Ever since then, I had dreams of how I would wake up one Saturday morning and really impress the heck out of my hubs, by making him crepes. (Needless to say… Saturday mornings would come, and I’d roll my eyes and drift back off to sleep.)
Storebought vs. Homemade Crepes:
I was in the grocery store the other day and found “crepes,” already made, and ready to eat.
Huh? You mean I don’t have to get out my mixer and slave over making tiny little, thin, flakey things, that I’d surely screw up? Sold!
I’ve been told that crepes are really easy to make, and that I should give it a try. I think I will… one day, when my kids are grown, and I no longer like sleeping in. 🙂
I started browsing Pinterest for crepe recipes, and by combining a few, I came up with a very “tasty,” and “sinful,” Cinnamon Cream Cheese Crepes recipe…
Easy Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling Recipe: For Crepes
This cinnamon crepe filling will change your breakfast game forever! Grab your favorite package of crepes to make this easy breakfast recipe.
- 1 package ready to use crepes I found my in the produce section at our local grocery store.
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces whipped cream or cool whip if you're short on time
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar and extra for garnish
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pull the crepes out of the refrigerator to become room temperature
- Grab a medium size mixing bowl, and mix (with a hand mixer) the cream cheese, cool whip, and powdered sugar, until well blended. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low-med heat, and add brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stirring constantly, simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Lay one crepe flat on a plate, and add about two spoonfuls of the filling down the center of each crepe.
- Roll the crepe-like you would a taco or burrito, and flip the crepe over to where the edges of the crepe are underneath to secure the crepe from rolling open.
- Drizzle the cinnamon topping over the crepe, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This made about 4 servings for me, so we had crepes left over. Darn the luck, guess I’ll have to make more this weekend.
What I love about these too, is that they’re great for a breakfast treat, OR to serve as dessert for any meal. Hosting a party? Can you imagine having a crepe “bar,” letting them make their own crepe? Hm… I may have to do this. Stay tuned!
If you’re a “sweet treat,” type of person, then you’ll want to try my quick and easy “Last Minute Bread Pudding,” and my “Baked French Toast,” recipe too!
Don’t forget to “Pin” for later so you can put the ingredients on your store list: