Cooking breakfast sausage in the oven is so easy, and my favorite way to cook it! No constant flipping in a skillet, guessing if it’s done, with grease popping all over the cooktop.
Baking sausage links only takes about 12 minutes in the oven, and you only have to flip it once, and they turn out so juicy. See my tip in the recipe card to get your sausage links that perfect golden brown; similar to how I make sausage patties in the oven.
Did you know that cooking meats in the oven can be so much easier than the stovetop? It’s true. Cooking burgers in the oven, bratwursts in the oven, bacon in the oven, and even pork steaks in the oven are my favorite ways to cook those meats!
It’s so nice to be able to place the baking dish in the oven, and pull it out when it’s done! Not a ton of babysitting meats on the stove with big messes. So I knew cooking sausage links in the oven would be just as great as cooking any kind of sausages in the oven, or meats for that matter.
Why You’ll Love This Method
- Breakfast side dish: While your fried potatoes and onions are cooking on the stovetop and your blueberry waffles are cooking in the waffle maker, the breakfast sausage can be cooking in the oven!
- Large batch cooking: If you need large family breakfast ideas, you can cook a big batch of breakfast sausage links so easily in the oven! Just use a large baking dish or multiple baking dishes to make the amount that you need.
All you’ll need is your favorite brand of sausage links for this! I’m a fan of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage but any brand will do! (Note: Different brands can mean different sizes/thicknesses of your sausage links, so if yours are bigger than mine, the cook-time could be longer.)
You’ll need a baking sheet large enough to space out the breakfast links so that they aren’t touching.
If you don’t have a traditional baking sheet, that’s ok! There are a few other types of baking pans that can work just as well for making oven-baked sausage links:
- Cast Iron Skillet: This sturdy pan holds heat very well, which can give your sausage links a nice sear while they cook in the oven.
- Silicone Baking Mat: It’s non-stick and can easily fit into any baking sheet or pan you have.
How to Make Breakfast Sausage in the Oven
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list & instructions!*
STEP 1. Preheat. Turn the oven on and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
STEP 2. Arrange the meat. Arrange the sausage links on a baking pan or baking dish, trying to make sure that they’re not touching each other the best as you can. (You can use parchment paper if you prefer but it’s not necessary.)
STEP 3: Cook the links. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. For that perfect golden look, broil them for the last 3 minutes or so.
Recipe Pro Tips
- Monitor the broiling closely: For the best results when broiling the sausage links for that perfect golden brown look, keep a close eye on them to prevent burning. Everyone’s oven is different, and they can go from golden to burnt in no time.
- Flipping Links: Use a spatula or tongs to flip the links.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Ensure the raw sausage links are not touching each other in the baking pan. This allows for even cooking and browning.
Baking breakfast sausage at 350° F in the oven can take from 12-15 minutes.
Make sure the internal temperature reaches 160-170 degrees before serving.
You can but the cooking time will be longer. Baking the sausage links at 350 for 18-20 minutes will be a great place to start but depending on the size/brand of your links, the cooking time could be longer. Just a reminder to make sure the internal temperature reaches 160-170 degrees before serving.
What to Serve with Breakfast Sausage
If you happen to have leftover breakfast sausage, allow it to fully cool before placing it in an airtight container before placing it in the refrigerator. Consume the sausage within 3-4 days.
Reheat any leftover sausage in the microwave, oven, or even in the air fryer.
More Sausage Recipes You’ll Love
If you’re hungry for more sausage recipes, here are some of my favorite breakfast sausage recipes using ground sausage!
Did you make this? I’d be so grateful if you left a “star” rating below to let me know what you thought! Then, the next time you need a quick and easy recipe, come back to Fantabulosity to browse all of my easy recipes!
How to Cook Breakfast Sausage in the Oven
- 14 sausage links or feel free to cook as many as you need
- black pepper optional (some like an extra sprinkle of pepper on their sausage links)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking dish or shallow baking pan with sausage links, trying to make sure they don't touch, as much as possible. (I used an 8×8 baking dish to fit 14 sausage links.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until browned and cooked through, making sure to turn them at least once about halfway through. Make sure the internal temperature of the sausage reaches 160-170° before serving.TIP: I did turn the oven to "broil" at during the last 3 minutes to get them golden brown. Watch carefully if doing this, so they do not burn, as ovens can cook differently, and baking pans and dishes can cook differently as well.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.