This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelightfulMoments #CBias #CollectiveBias
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cake: A moist white cake, LOADED with delectable crumbled cookie frosting and crunchy peppermint candies!
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cake
Last year, we made a Peppermint Mocha Crunch Cake that made THOUSANDS of you extremely happy! So this year we wanted to recreate it with a twist, and I’m so glad that we did. The addition of crumbled sugar cookies in to the center frosting make my taste buds swoon!
I love having a fun selection of seasonal creamers on hand to offer guests when they come over for the holiday. It makes me feel like I’ve made their visit a little more special!
The International Delight® Frosted Sugar Cookie and the International Delight REESE’S Peanut Butter Cup Creamer were calling my name from the store shelves this year. As soon as I got home, I had my first seasonal coffee! Because why not stir liquid holiday cheer into your coffee?
I also love to use seasonal creamer in recipes as a flavor boost, like in this peppermint sugar cookie cake I’m getting ready to introduce you to!
By substituting the water with the International Delight Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer, it gives the cake an extra burst of flavor! If the middles of your cakes fall a bit, it’s a-ok! It just gives extra room for a pocket of frosting when you layer them!
Sugar Cookie Frosting
In the full recipe below, you’ll see that we added more of the International Delight Frosted Sugar Cookie Creamer in to the frosting, and also crumbled sugar cookies (store bought cookies are totally fine) to some of the frosting. The creamer gives it another flavor boost, and adding the sugar cookie crumbles in to the frosting in the middle of the two cakes, gives this cake the perfect texture!
After adding the second layer of cake on, cover the entire cake with the creamer-infused frosting!
With the additional sugar cookies, you can line the bottom or the cake for decor. We also actually used the cookies as a guide when cutting for serving. Each piece had a sugar cookie garnish!
It wouldn’t be a holiday cake without adding the crushed peppermints to the top! They give this cake the perfect crunch!
I Hope You Enjoy It!
I absolutely love taking a box cake mix, and adding extra toppings and ingredients to really make a cake stand out. This one stands out in flavor and looks!
I so hope you enjoy it, and would love to hear if you made this for a celebration or an event! Let me know below in the comments. We like how you party™.
Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cake
- 2 Boxes White Cake Mix and required ingredients according to package directions EXCEPT: replace the amount of water needed with your favorite seasonal coffee creamer.
- 2 cups shortening
- 1/2 cup Seasonal Coffee Creamer
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 6-7 sugar cookies + Additional for Decorating
- 1 cup semi-crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Prepare both boxes of cake mix (using creamer to replace the water)
- Divide prepared cake batter into 2 greased, 8-inch round cake pans.
- Bake the cakes at 350 for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cake is baking and cooling, prepare frosting/filling.
- In a separate bowl, crumble sugar cookies.
- With mixer mix together shortening and creamer.
- Slowly, one cup at a time, mix in powdered sugar, until smooth.
- Set aside 2 cups of frosting, and add in crumbled cookies and gently mix into the frosting.
- When cake has completely cooled, frost one cake with the cookie frosting.
- Place the second layer of cake on top.
- Use remaining (non cookie frosting) to cover and frost the entire cake.
- Arrange and line the extra sugar cookies for decorating, around the bottom of the cake
- Sprinkle remaining peppermint candies over the top of the cake.