Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cakes Dip: A festive dip that’s made with cream cheese and nostalgic little Debbie cakes. Enjoy with graham crackers, animal crackers, or vanilla wafers!
Making desserts for a large group of people is less stressful when you have easy recipes that make a large number of servings! This dip, these marshmallow cookies, this lemon bundt cake, and these strawberry brownies are my go-to party desserts!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- When I said this delectable dip recipe was easy, I wasn’t kidding. It only takes 5 minutes to make and calls for basic ingredients. It’s the perfect last minute dessert when you don’t want something store-bought.
- There’s nothing better than happy kids around the holiday season. This recipe is 100% kid-approved and I think it’s because there’s something about the scrumptious christmas tree cakes that kids absolutely LOVE!
- I haven’t found a dessert that satisfies my sweet tooth better than this one does. The sweetness of the Little Debbies combined with the decadent creamy cream cheese makes this festive dessert dip the perfect special treat.
- It’s the perfect addition if you’re hosting a holiday party and looking to fill a dessert bar or if you just want something for a small gathering on a holiday movie night!
- 1 package of cream cheese, 8 ounces (softened)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box of Christmas Tree Cakes (5)
- Red and green sprinkles
Step by Step Directions
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add package of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream (Image 1).
- Add in teaspoon of vanilla extract and combine with a hand mixer until smooth (Image 2&3).
- Break up 4 christmas tree cakes and lightly mix them into the cream cheese mixture (Image 4).
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with one Christmas Tree Cake and red and green sprinkles (Image 5).
- Serve with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, or vanilla wafers (Image 6).
Expert tips and FAQs
Yes! You can use a food processor to make this Little Debbie Christmas tree cake dip. Combine cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla before adding in the snack cakes and sprinkles. You don’t want to over process your snack cakes.
For this Christmas tree cake dip recipe, I suggest using sprinkles that aren’t too large. Smaller sprinkles will combine and taste better when combined with the creamy texture of the dip. And of course, use red and green sprinkles!
If you’re in a bind, you can use cool whip instead of heavy whipping cream. Heavy whipping cream will combine with the above ingredients better than cool whip will, however, it will still work for this recipe.
How long does Christmas tree dip last?
You can keep this Little Debbie Christmas tree dip in the fridge for up to 4 days. You’re going to want to place the festive dip in an airtight container or over the serving bowl with plastic wrap. I would recommend serving this dip fresh or after it’s chilled for a little time.
Sugar cookies for Christmas tree dip
Graham crackers, Nila wafers, pretzels, and animal crackers taste delicious dunked in this festive dip. If you’re looking to really impress at holiday parties, I suggest making sugar cookies for dipping! Sugar cookies are another easy dessert recipe that never disappoints!
Can I use different Little Debbie snack cakes?
Yes! If want to make a non-festive creamy sweet dessert dip, you can use birthday cake snack cakes, zebra cakes, or even chocolate snack cakes. You can switch up this dip to be a birthday cake dip, cookies, and cream dip, or chocolate cake dip. There are tons of different Little Debbie cakes so go crazy!
I love the Christmas season, especially the holiday food!! It really is the most wonderful time of the year! I have so many Christmas dessert recipes that can be a fun treat for the holiday season. Here are a few of my favorites… 🙂
- Peppermint mocha crunch cake
- Tree forest winter cupcakes
- Peppermint sugar cookie cake
- Red velvet cake mix cookies
Christmas Season Tip:
While you’re trying not to blow your Christmas shopping budget, and crossing off the names on your Christmas gift list, make sure to pick up a box of these Little Debbie’s Christmas tree cakes for a fun treat of the holiday season before the snack cakes leave the shelves!
Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 package, softened
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 little debbie christmas tree cakes 1 box
- 1 tbsp Red and Green Sprinkles each
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add package of cream cheese and heavy whipping cream.
- Add in teaspoon of vanilla extract and combine with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Break up 4 christmas tree cakes and lightly mix them into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into a serving bowl and garnish with one Christmas Tree Cake and red and green sprinkles.
- Serve with graham crackers, cookies, pretzels, or vanilla wafers.