Quick Pasta and Polish Sausage Recipe: A dish that I whipped up with what I had on hand, so I wouldn’t have to run out to the grocery store on a Saturday.
I’m stopping everything I’m doing and telling you about my Quick Alfredo Polish Sausage Pasta recipe. Something this easy and good, should NOT be kept to myself.
Quick Alfredo Pasta and Polish Sausage Recipe
You know when it’s been WAAAY too long since you’ve went grocery shopping, and your family keeps opening up the cabinets and refrigerator, hoping new food will just appear?
I’m there. Like, really there. I think my 1 year old even mumbled, “Mom… go get FOOD,” today.
At the 4 o’clock hour today, I looked at my kids, and I knew that in about an hour, they were going to be walkin’ around my house like the zombies on the”Walking Dead,” slaying things open, trying to find something to eat. (Ok… so maybe I’m exaggerating. No worries, my kids are well-fed, and have full bellies 24 hours a day.)
So it was either:
A. Pile both kids in to the car and go to the store, or
B. I was going to have to get all “Pioneer Woman,” and make up a dish out of what I had in the hacienda.
I chose “B,” because frankly, I’d rather poke my eyeballs out than go to the grocery store with two toddlers, on a Saturday.
“B” was a success, and I couldn’t WAIT to share it with you.
Polish Sausage Alfredo
- 1 pound package Polish sausage
- 1 pound shell pasta uncooked
- 15 ounces Alfredo sauce I used garlic Alfredo
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded provolone
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt to taste
- Boil your pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut your Polish sausage into small, quartered pieces.
- When pasta is almost tender, throw in frozen peas and polish sausage
- When pasta and peas are cooked through, drain.
- Return to pot, and add Alfredo sauce. Stir and coat evenly.
- Add salt if desired.
- Add shredded cheese, and stir to coat until cheeses are melted.
Words cannot express how quick and easy this pasta and polish sausage recipe is you guys. My kids devoured this, and it’s now on my busy weeknight meal list, along with my favorite BBQ Chicken Pasta Recipe! Please don’t ask me which one I like better. That’s like asking me to pick which donut is my favorite, and we WON’T go there.
Give it a whirl…let me know what you think!