Best Toaster Oven: The top 5 toaster ovens after researching customer reviews and specs of each one! Shop them today on Amazon and find out the favorite!
If this is your first time here, then you should know just how much I LOVE new kitchen gadgets. I’ve reviewed quite a few and have given my honest reviews from the unboxing-get-go’s for things like the:
and today I’m ecstatic to be chattin’ about toaster ovens.
What is a Toaster Oven?
Well, according to Wikipedia,
“Toaster ovens are small electric ovens with a front door, wire rack and removable baking pan. To toast bread with a toaster oven, slices of bread are placed horizontally on the rack. When the toast is done, the toaster turns off, but in most cases the door must be opened manually. Most toaster ovens are significantly larger than toasters, but are capable of performing most of the functions of electric ovens, albeit on a much smaller scale.”
But if you ask my mom who has one, she’d say,
“I love it! I can cook things like chicken strips for the grandkids, and even warm up leftover pizza that tastes MUCH better than using the microwave.”
Toaster Oven Reviews
But where do I begin? Researching, that’s where! So I’ve researched and compiled 5 toaster ovens that are great to choose from based on customer and Fantabulosity reader reviews!
Best Toaster Oven: Which One To Buy
Listed in no particular order… and sharing my top pick at the bottom of this post!
The reviews on this one from Amazon really surprised me considering I read AND READ so many reviews on so many toaster ovens and there were a lot of negative nelly’s on the others.
It’s also an Amazon Choice pick!
- Heats up fast and cooks whatever we put in it!
- Works like a charm and controls are easy to use.
- The expanded toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 12” pizzas and 6 slices of bread.
- Digital Controls easy-to-use buttons provide precision control over time, temperature, and function: bake, broil, toast, bagel, pizza, frozen snacks, potatoes, cookies
Yes, you read that right… this toaster oven is also an air fryer! I love that it’s also a brand that has been around for some time, and I always feel better about buying a brand I’ve heard of/used/liked.
Not to mention, it looks REALLY really sleek and I’d love to see this on my counter.
- It looks great, it’s very spacious, and it does everything it says it can do.
- Cooks fast, and watch your temperatures.
- It not only bakes, broils, and toasts, it also lets you air fry right inside the oven.
- This link takes you to a BUNDLE that INCLUDES: Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer with Light Silver – Home Basics 5-Piece Knife Set with Premium Cutting Board
I know, I know… it’s another Cuisinart, but I couldn’t help it based on the reviews.
Plus, this one doesn’t have the air fryer functionality, so if you really weren’t looking for that addition, then you wouldn’t necessarily need the previous toaster oven.
- “This thing rocks. I can’t even come up with a single little downside thing.”
- “I’ve made whole chickens, cookies, pies, toast, veggies, etc in here. I’ve read some other reviews that it takes a while to pre-heat (I’d say maybe 5 minutes for a 350 setting), but I never felt that way.”
- 15 cooking functions, including innovative dual cook, and speed convection.
- Extra Large Capacity with All the Space You Need to toast 9 slices of bread, Bake a pizza up to 13 inch in diameter, and more!
This Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven is one of the top-rated at Walmart, and after reading the reviews, I understand why.
Plus, this is an affordable toaster oven, and looks user-friendly.
- “Works great. Whether we’re toasting bread, heating up a frozen pizza, or reheating dinner, it does the job. No complaints!”
- “First off this oven has really great heat control and to my findings is pretty darn close to each heat setting, kudos here for that. Before you buy this oven do make sure that you have the counter space for it.”
- Reheats 28 percent faster and uses 64 percent less energy
- Versatile cooking with 4 settings include: toast, bake, broil and keep warm
Again, another brand that I’ve heard a lot about, and feel comfortable purchasing from.
Plus, the buttons and controls look easy to use and figure out.
- “It’s perfect for just toasting bread or baking a casserole. I like that it is bigger than a lot of other brands and the convection feature helps cook food faster.” (A casserole?! Genius.)
- “I love the fact that it has a lighted interior and the crumb tray handle is on the outside to easily remove the tray and crumbs.”
- Digital controls with 7 cooking settings and an interior light for easy viewing (which I hear some don’t have!)
- “Large interior can accommodate one 12-inch pizza, casseroles, cookies, and even a roast!” A ROAST!?
My Toaster Oven Pick?
The BLACK + DECKER is sleek and the amount of good reviews tempt me.
But the Cuisinart that is also an air fryer would be really nice. EXCEPT, if you have an air fryer already… then you’d probably prefer to use that since it would be bigger and hold a lot more. Yes?
So since I already have an air fryer, my pick is going to be:
I’ve also realized that his toaster oven has an option to get the 3-racks, which would be REALLY nice to have for those bigger cooking sessions!
Do you have a favorite toaster oven? Let us know in the comments below which one and why you love it!