Air Fryer Zucchini: An easy (and low carb) recipe without breading that is the perfect side dish to serve with dinner! Cut in to chips or fries & done in as little as 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Zucchini
NEWS FLASH!!! We have this air fried zucchini at LEAST 3 times a week and my family has NOT grown tired of this recipe yet! I’d say that’s a “win” since it’s one of the healthies side dishes we’ve ever had here on Fantabulosity.
When it comes to air fryer recipes, this one may just take the cake.
It’s easy, it’s healthy and it’s so delicious that our guests will stop mid-bite and ask what we did to make this zucchini so delicious!
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love:
So without further ado… let’s get in to the details of how to make this zucchini so you can make it too!
If you’re a vegan, no fear… leave the parmesan cheese out, and simply only use the remainder of the ingredients to whip up this simple and delish veggie.
What you’ll need:
- Zucchini (I use two medium zucchini’s for our family of four, but depending on the exact size of the “summer squash” — yep, it’s also a squash, a “medium” size can sometimes serve 5-6.)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (Or more, if you’re the salty type — Woah…I simply mean “taste bud” wise friend, not personality-wise.)
- A dash of black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup (or more if you’re the cheese-lover type) of shredded parmesan cheese
NOTE: Am I flexible with the measurements of the ingredients? Yep. Why? Because this recipe is VERY forgiving and customizable to what you prefer. The good thing for you? When you’ve added in the oil, garlic salt, and pepper, give the zucchini a taste to see how the flavor is! Eating raw zucchini is a-ok!
Zucchini in the Air Fryer, No Breading…
Yep, you heard me. No breading needed/used here and you’re still going to love it, especially if you use the shredded parmesan cheese that can give this recipe a slight “toast” flavor to bring in what you may miss if you’re a diehard, breaded zucchini lover.
How to Make Zucchini in the Air Fryer
Ready to see just how easy this recipe is? Let’s get with it.
Slice the Zucchini
My family prefers for the zucchini to be sliced about a 1/4 in. thick — again, very forgiving, so feel free to do thicker/thinner as you prefer. Just know that the cook time may need to adjust a bit.
Slice the Zucchini Again
If you want to make it just like yours truly, slice those circles in half again. Is this a “must”? Nope… we just prefer to have it cut like this.
Oil and Season
If you love the idea of a quick and clean kitchen, grab a Ziploc bag and pourr the zucchini inside.
Add in the olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
Shake until all zucchini has been coated with the oil/seasoning mixture.
If you prefer to mix in a bowl to save a bag, you can do so! OR, get really snazzy and just place the zucchini, oil, and seasonings right in the air fryer basket and stir inside until evenly coated! (You just don’t want most of your oil to drip down through the basket holes.)
Time to Air Fry the Zucchini
If you prefer to preheat your air fryer, go for it! I’m too impatient so I just like to cook it with the idea in mind that it may take the food I’m cooking a little longer than a recipe calls for.
So with that said, I cook my zucchini at 400° for about 10 minutes and this leaves me with a semi-crunchy zucchini. My husband prefers a softer texture so sometimes I’ll leave it in a few minutes longer.
NOTE: Keep in mind that the cook time may vary, depending on the power level of your air fryer. (Some air fryers can cook much differently than one another.) But the good thing with zucchini is that you can open up the air fryer and check it occasionally if you prefer. It won’t ruin the taste but may just let the heat escape and take a little longer.
Experiment with your air fryer, zucchini texture preference and you’ll have it nailed down in no-time!
Add the Parmesan (If Desired)
If you’re not looking for a vegan recipe, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese after the 10 minutes and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to toast the cheese! So so good!
Serve right away with your favorite side dish or if you’re a rebel like me, eat it as a stand-alone dish whenever you’re cooking for one!
Extra Cheese? Yes Please.
If you feel ever so frisky, top with any extra or remaining shredded parmesan cheese just before serving for a pop of goodness.
What to Serve Zucchini With?
If you know you want to make this zucchini as a side dish but unsure of what main dish to serve alongside it… here are our favorites:
Air Fryer Zucchini
- air fryer
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese optional
- Slice zucchini in to 1/4 in. slices (see notes if you prefer a different cut) and then slice in half again.
- Place cut zucchini in to a ziptop bag or bowl and pour in olive oil, garlic salt and pepper.
- Shake the bag until all of the zucchini is evenly coated.
- Pour zucchini in to air fryer basket.
- Cook zucchini at 400° for 10 minutes (see notes to ensure the zucchini reaches the "doneness" you prefer).
- If you prefer to add shredded parmean cheese, this is the time to sprinkle on the cheese and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes to melt /toast the cheese!
Pin it to Remember it:
If you want to remember to make this when you need it, pin it on Pinterest by clicking on the image below!