S’mores Dip is a delicious way to enjoy a campfire dessert for a crowd! No crowding around a fire, building a snack. Simply dip a graham cracker in to this melty chocolate and toasted large marshmallows, getting all your favorite flavors of this chocolatey dip for a delicious dessert recipe.
Post originally created in July 2021, recipe updated in September 2023.
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Only 2 ingredients: Melted Hershey Bars and gooey marshmallows, are all that’s required for this recipe and then you can choose to dip whatever you prefer in it! Graham crackers are the obvious choice but you can also use other items such as vanilla wafers or even fresh fruit. However, there are more ideas below of what you can serve with this delicious dip.
- Ready in under 30 minutes: This classic campfire treat is made in the oven and is ready to enjoy in under 30 minutes!
🧾 Ingredients Needed
You don’t need a lot for this easy treat. See what we used below and other additional ideas for dipping or substitutions.
- Marshmallows – Although we always use large marshmallows, using regular marshmallows mini marshmallows, or even marshmallow fluff may work just as well.
- Hershey Bars – Using regular Hershey candy bars for this recipe is preferred but you may also choose to use mini Hershey bars, milk chocolate chips, or maybe even something fun like Reese’s Cups. You may even prefer to use dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
A cast iron skillet is recommended for this so it can bake in the oven nicely but you may also try a baking dish or pie plate if you don’t have a cast-iron skillet.
👩🏻🍳 How to Make Smores Dip
It’s recommended to make this right when you’re ready to enjoy it, as the marshmallows could get hard and the chocolate could harden.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for the full ingredients list & instructions!*
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a large cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
STEP 1. Add chocolate. Break the Hershey bars along the indentions and add to the bottom of the skillet, spreading evenly.
STEPS 2 & 3. Add marshmallows. Top with the marshmallows by placing in a single layer, and place them side by side all facing the same direction.
STEP 4. Cook skillet for 12 – 14 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.
When done, remove from heat and dip graham crackers into the dip immediately to serve.
💭 Recipe Pro Tips
- Arranging the marshmallows. The marshmallows should be flush against one another with little wiggle room. However, they shouldn’t be so packed that it makes some mallows stuck up from the pressure when they become toasted marshmallows.
- Better presentation. For the dip to look even better, stand all of the marshmallows up on their ends, instead of placing them on their sides or in different directions.
📋 Recipe FAQs
Fresh fruits, cookies, and sweet crackers are great options for dipping, instead of graham crackers.
You can also add fun items to s’mores like peanut butter, chocolate syrup, or even pumpkin pie filling.
🍽 What to Serve with S’mores Dip
Graham crackers are the most popular to serve with this favorite campfire treat. However, here are some other suggestions that we think you’ll love serving with this delicious s’mores dip.
- Oreo cookies
- graham cracker sticks
- peanut butter cookies
- fresh strawberries
- potato chips (Yes! The salty and sweet contrast can be great!)
If you have leftover smores dip, it will be best to store it in an airtight container although it may be easier to leave in the baking dish so it can be reheated easily.
🍫 More S’mores Recipes You’ll Love
Skip the fire pit this year and make more Smores recipes with our favorite below, or at least recipes that are similar, like that delicious Booty Dip (or cannoli dip).
Did you make this? I’d be so grateful if you left a “star” rating below to let me know what you thought! Then, the next time you need a quick and easy recipe, come back to Fantabulosity to browse all of my easy recipes!
- 12 1.55 ounce Hershey Candy Bars broken in to small pieces
- 1 pound marshmallows original size (not mini and not jumbo)
- graham crackers for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and prepare a large cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Break the Hershey bars along the indentions and add to the bottom of the skillet, spreading evenly.
- Top with Marshmallows, placed side by side all facing the same direction. Cook skillet for 12 – 14 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.
- When done, remove from heat and dip graham crackers into the dip immediately to serve.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.