Well now… how about a Creamy Reuben Sandwich Dip, to get your mouth a waterin’? 😉
I’ve been with my husband for 17 years. Just 4 months ago, we were sitting down for date night, at a city pub, and he said,
Man… if they have a reuben sandwich, that’s what I’m getting. That’s my signature sandwich.
Me: “What?!” I didn’t know that.
Oh yeah, I HAVE to get it if I see it on a menu.
For goodness sakes. I’ve been with the man for over half of my life, and I didn’t even know that about him. So when this Creamy Reuben Sandwich Dip came about… I KNEW he’d be in hog heaven…
Creamy Reuben Sandwich Dip
I mean really… I think I could just eat off of this tray like an antipasto bar. But this is just a photo showing what goes in to the reuben sandwich dip.
The “finished,” gloriousness is absolutely mouth-watering, don’t you think!?
Now… this dip would be a PERFECT appetizer for Superbowl, or any party really. Scooping a creamy spoonful of this dip, on to the crusty rye bread, is a combination that no one will deny.
Creamy Reuben Sandwich Dip with Crispy Rye Bread
- 6 slices corned beef from the deli
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup Sauerkraut
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella not traditional, but we love cheese!
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch salt & pepper
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 Tablespoon butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
- Chop the corned beef into small pieces, layer into the bottom of a greased cast iron skillet or casserole dish.
- Top the corned beef with the sauerkraut and slices of Swiss cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup and the seasonings. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the sauce over the Swiss cheese, then top with mozzarella.
- Toast 2 slices of rye bread. Blend in food processor until finely ground. Mix with melted butter and top the dip with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are bubbling and the top is golden brown.
- Place 6 pieces of rye bread onto a cookie sheet, bake for 5 minutes until crispy.
- Cut into triangles and serve with hot dip!
Pin this Image Below, to Remember: