Peach Cobbler with Canned Peaches: This amazing cobbler recipe requires only 7 simple ingredients and is ready in minutes! Use canned peaches to make this quick and easy!
TIP: Have other fruit on hand besides peaches? Feel free to substitute the peaches for your favorite fresh fruit, since we drain the juices anyway! See the fruit substitution ideas below!
Originally published in 2013, updated in September 2021, and again in April 2023.
You may also love the peach cobbler recipe that uses Bisquick, or you can make this peach cobbler with cake mix if you have that on hand! Then, if you’re in the peach recipe mood, make sure you try this easy peach mango pie recipe!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s an oven baked dessert that is ready to bake, in minutes
- You can switch out the peaches for your favorite fruit (see list of ideas below)
- It’s delicious by itself or you can serve a scoop of vanilla ice cream with it
- Take it to a potluck, serve it after dinner or deliver to a friend in a care package.
- It is the easiest recipe and could very well become one of your new favorite cobbler recipes, or even favorite desserts to make!
Ingredients for Peach Cobbler with Canned Peaches
The ingredients are simple and you probably already have them on hand to make this easy peach cobbler recipe! If not, you can grab them at almost every grocery store around!
Scroll to the bottom of this post to see the recipe card with ingredient amounts and directions!
- all purpose flour
- white sugar
- baking powder
- peaches or favorite fruit (discard the juice or syrup if canned)
Fruit Substitute Ideas
If you don’t have peaches on hand or have extra fruit on hand that you’d like to mix in with the peaches, here are some of our favorites to substitute when making this easy cobbler recipe!
Step by Step Instructions
Ready for one of our favorite easy recipes?
- Melt your stick of butter right in the baking dish you plan to make your cobbler in. (8×8 or 9×9 glass baking dish is ideal for this — or double the batch and make it in a 9 x 13 baking or casserole dish)
- In a separate mixing bowl, pour in the flour, sugar, milk, baking powder, and salt. (Image below on left.)
- Mix together until evenly combined. (Image below on right.)
- Pour flour mixture batter on top of melted butter. (DO NOT MIX)
- Place canned peaches (drained) on top of batter and butter. (DO NOT MIX!)
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees f for 35-40 minutes, and when the top is golden brown!
- Remove from oven and serve warm!
What to Serve with Peach Cobbler
This peach cobbler is delicious by itself but if you’d like to serve a little something extra with it, you should consider:
- vanilla ice cream
- caramel or butterscotch drizzle
- sugared strawberries
- sprinkle cinnamon
- vanilla sauce we use in bread pudding
- sprinkle of brown sugar
- whipped cream
- maple syrup
Tips and Expert Tips to Make the Best Peach Cobbler:
You can. The great thing about canned though is that the peach slices may be a little softer compared to some ripe peaches that may not be very ripe and the sugary syrup that the peaches are in, in the can, tend to be sweeter. But it’s definitely an option to make this using fresh, especially if you have juicy peaches.
If you have leftover cobbler, you can store it in an airtight container or simply cover the dish with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and store on the counter, at room temperature, for the day. However, if it’s more than a day, store it in the refrigerator.
No. A cobbler has a “biscuit-like” or “pastry-like” topping, where a crisp has an oat or streusel-type topping that has a “crunch”.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
As a beginner cook or just someone who loves adding simplicity to your life, it’s always a great idea to have quick and easy dessert go-to’s on hand for those last-minute needs!
Peach Cobbler with Canned Peaches
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter (stick butter)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peaches without juice
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter: In a microwave safe, 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish, melt the stick of butter in the microwave.
- Mix batter: In a separate bowl, mix together flour, sugar, milk, baking powder & salt.
- Pour in to dish: Pour batter on top of the melted butter in the baking pan. (Do not mix.)
- Add peaches: Pour peaches (make sure it is drained!) on top of batter mixture. (Do not mix.)
- Bake cobbler: Bake for 35-40 minutes, until top is almost a golden brown.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Did you love this delicious cobbler recipe? I’d love to hear! Scroll down and leave a star review and comment to let me know!