Cheeseburger Macaroni in the Instant Pot: A homemade dinner idea that can be quick for a family meal using items that you have or can keep on hand!
Hey there quick meal idea lovers. I’m right there with you, hence the reason I finally took the plunge and bought the Instant Pot.
After staring at my pantry the other day, I decided I wanted to experiment a little bit with the Instant Pot, and now you’re looking at the result. After we realized how quick and easy it was, I knew I had to share it with you.
Want to use frozen beef? You totally can, because I do too! I typically either forget to thaw it out, or I decide at the last minute to make something with it. I made this using frozen ground beef, although provided directions for thawed beef too!
But when I’m totally on my game and remember to thaw ground beef out naturally, you definitely find me making The BEST Cheeseburger recipe, where I use browned butter and basic ingredients/methods to make them the juiciest burgers I’ve ever had! So if you were on your game today, or just snagged some ground beef from the grocery store, you may want to make this cheeseburger recipe too!
Cheeseburger Macaroni in the Instant Pot
Not only is there a ton of flexibility that you can have with this recipe, the ease of throwing it all together was my FAVORITE part.
Following the Recipe Exactly…
When sharing this recipe with you, I’m keeping in mind that a lot of you may desire a different level of seasonings and spices. So expect this to be a very basic recipe that could use extras spices and flavors… or cheese. You can NEVER go wrong with adding more cheese!
However, here are a few things I’d suggest doing additionally to really add flavor to it so it doesn’t come out bland.
Seasoning + Topping Suggestions to Add
- Garlic Pepper (It’s my absolute favorite, to sprinkle on to the top of each serving, but not for my kids.)
- Extra shredded cheese on top of each serving is a MUST in my book.
- Add milk after cooking if you prefer it more creamy.
- Salt and Pepper as desired, but remember… you can always add more, but you can’t take it out.
- Hot Sauce – I haven’t tried this yet, but I could definitely go for this on my serving.
Cheeseburger Macaroni in the Instant Pot
- 1 lb lean ground beef drain after cooking if using a fatty beef
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 10.5 oz can of cheddar cheese soup
- 3 cups broth chicken or vegetable (Recently updated from 2.5 cups to 3)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper as desired
- garlic pepper seasoning optional
- If ground beef is frozen, pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot, put on the lid, make sure the valve is on "seal", and select 25 minutes on "high" manual mode. Ground beef should be fully cooked before moving forward.
- If starting with thawed ground beef, turn the "saute" setting on and cook the ground beef, garlic powder, and onion powder until beef is no longer pink.
- Next add in broth, elbow macaroni, can of cheddar cheese soup and salt/pepper if desired.
- Lock lid and close the valve to "seal" and cook for 4 minutes on manual "high" setting. The pressure cooker will take about 5 minutes to seal, 4 minutes to cook and then quick release the valve to let the pressure out.
- Add in 2 cups of shredded cheddar and stir until melted.
- Divide and sprinkle on remaining shredded cheddar on to each serving, for extra cheesy goodness!
- Tip: Get creative by sprinkling on seasonings like garlic pepper seasoning, hot sauce, and anything else that you love, to add more flavor!
Left Over Cheeseburger Macaroni?
If serving this left over, you may want to add a little milk to it before reheating, just to recreate a creamy texture.
I so hope you love this recipe. We ate on this for a couple of days and I’m already looking forward to making it again because it was so quick.
If you’re into quick and easy recipes, then you’ll LOVE to blog the recipe archives here on the blog, OR make dinnertime insanely easy, and grab my “Fabulously Fast Dinners” cookbook where I’ve done all of the dinner time planning for you!
More Comfort Food Dishes
If you love comfort food, then you’re in the RIGHT place. Here in the midwest, a lot of us believe that food is love. So when you either want to show yourself some love, or making something comforting for someone you love, then browse our favorite easy to make recipes!
But I’ve picked out some of our favorite comfort dishes here…