Let me fill you in on a little “weeknight meal,” secret that I have.
I’ll never forget the day my mom made these for the first time, when I was a kid. I ran to the stove, (super hungry, dying to know what we were having for dinner.) I looked in the pan, looked up at her, and kinda “snarled” my nose and asked what it was. She said,
Oh Jess, this is a new recipe I’m trying. I think it will taste better than it looks.
My mom never lied to me, so I knew I should give it a try.
I’m SOOOO glad I did. I make this quite often, now that I have a family of my own. This is a great recipe for a quick, week night meal, when you don’t have anything planned on the menu.
4 Ingredients are all you need: (Plus any toppings you may want.)
Salsa & Cheese Burritos
Full Recipe Card & Instructions, below.
How to Make These Easy Burritos
Grab your beef, cheddar cheese soup, & salsa…
1. Brown your ground beef.
2. When beef is fully cooked, drain the grease if needed. Return beef to the pan, and add your cheddar cheese soup and stir until well blended.
3. Next, add in your 1/2 cup of salsa. Stir until blended.
4. Let the burrito mixture simmer for a couple of minutes to let the cheese and salsa cook in to the beef, and become evenly warm.
5. Spoon down the center of a warmed tortilla, and load that baby up with your desired toppings, and you’re golden.
This literally takes me 10 minutes to make. A 10-Minute meal, is A-OK in my book. Right?
Cheesy Salsa Burritos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 10-ounce can cheddar cheese soup undiluted (see notes)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- flour tortillas
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- black olives
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat
- Add in the can of cheddar cheese soup, and salsa
- Stir and let cook 1-2 minutes
- Serve on tortilla and top with additional desired toppings
How simple is that!?
Give ’em a whirl. I almost bet they’ll become a family favorite.
What toppings do you put on yours? Let me know below. I’d love some ideas for a new spin on things!
Pin this image to remember later!