How to make money online: After running a successful business online for a few years now, I’ve learned a lot of different ways to make money from home, and now I’m sharing them with you!
How to Make Money Online
It’s no secret that I love blogging, but a second-runner up is brainstorming and helping others figure out what their passions are, so they can start an online business around it.
Since getting involved in the blogging world, I’ve come to find out a LOT of different ways that you can make money online and how accessible it really can be for you!
Interested in blogging as a way to make money online? My Fantabulous Blogging 101 course is now open and ready to help you get your very own blog up and running the RIGHT way, and help you through the tech set-up, name creation and get you well on your way, to having a successful blog and forging ahead of so many others who set out to try to do it on their own!
7 Ways to Make Money Online
So if you’ve been wanting to:
- generate a side income
- make money online to replace your full-time income
- have a creative outlet and make money with it
- grow your current business
- turn your hobby into a business
- … so much more
then you’ll want to watch the quick video I’ve included below of the Facebook and Instagram LIVE that I did, sharing 7 ways that you can make money online, no matter WHAT you’re passionate about, or what your goals are.
Can’t Watch the Video?
No problem at all. I get that… I have littles at home that I’m often snuggling with, in bed, or in a room where the tv has cartoons on… so videos don’t always work for me.
So if you can relate, and you’d rather read about my 7 ideas for how to make money online, I’ve included them for you below…
But first, I want you to think about a couple of things before you start thinking about how to make money online.
- It’s important that you ENJOY what you’re doing. If you don’t, you’ll resist… procrastinate… and lack the energy to work on it.
- If you want to make money online, but you have no idea what you could sell or create an online business with… think about this:
– What is something you’ve struggled with in the past, that you’ve fixed or created to make things easier? Could you sell this? Could you offer this as a service to help others out there struggling with the same thing(s) you were?
1. Sell Handmade/Homemade Items
Do you love crafting, sewing, candle making, designing and printing t-shirts? There are so many places online that you can sell the items that you’re already creating and having fun creating!
2. Selling Digital Products
Planners, ebooks, checklists, calendars, organization printables, logos, website design, etc. are items that you can create digitally and upload to sell online. No overhead of physical products, that live on the internet 24 hours a day, that can sell and automatically deliver to the buyer!
What are you good at, certified in or enjoy helping others with? You can offer this service online to others who need help!
- Live videos on Facebook group or using software like Zoom to offer services like coaching/consulting!
- Virtual Assistant work, offering support for online businesses like posting to social media, managing emails, and so much more!
4. YouTube (Video Creation)
If you love creating and being on video, you can create videos on just about anything you want, and upload those videos to YouTube.
How do you make money by doing that?
- You can get sponsored work with brands, that pay you to create videos about their products.
- You can get paid for ads that appear on your videos.
- Create videos about your product/service that you have, to generate sales and business.
I don’t know a ton about dropshipping, but it’s definitely an option and something I know a lot of people do.
If you’ve had a dream of owning your own online shop where you sell products that you love, but don’t want the overhead and work dealing with packing up and shipping the actual products… you can dropship the items that you have in your online store.
Find a company that offers dropshipping, and you can manage your online store, but the dropshipping company can handle the physical work behind the scenes.
I don’t know a lot about selling on Amazon, but I sure do know a lot of people who have made money selling on Amazon.
There are many ways that you can do this, and I highly suggest that you check out The Selling Family for their courses that they offer in how to get started doing this and how to do it successfully!
I recently listened to their story on Pat Flynn’s podcast and learned SO SO much.
My mind was blown when I heard that you could use Amazon’s app to scan products that store (say on the clearance rack) to see how much money you could potentially make if you bought it and re-sold it on Amazon.
Oh my favorite thing ever… blogging! I can confidently say that blogging is a great way to make money online because I’m doing it! I started this blog as a hobby but after finding out that I could make money with it, fueled me to turn it in to an online business.
To say that I’m so grateful for what blogging has done for me and my family is an understatement.
By blogging, I’ve been able to financially support my family in two of the most toughest years of our lives (financially and emotionally). With a kiddo that has unexplainable seizures, I’m able to stay at home with him and go to endless doctor appointments… all while my blog can operate and make money for me in the background.
If you’ve ever felt the slightest push to consider blogging, I urge you to explore that thought a little more. It truly is one of the biggest blessings in my life.
I only blog about the things/topics that I enjoy and it has literally been a life-saver.
Join Fantabulous Blogging 101 HERE if you’re ready to start your blog today too!
Are there more ways to make money online?
You bet. But these are the top 7 that I know for a fact can help you make money online and are either my favorite or that I know personally works for someone I know.
You Will Also Love:
- Is a Blog a Good Business to Start with Little Money?
- How Much to Charge for Blog Posts
- Blog Income Report – December 2016 (last income report I ever did)