Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe: A delicious spin on a traditional burger, served on a pretzel bun. A burger stuffed with blue cheese crumbles is sure to steal your heart!
Blue Cheese Burgers, on a pretzel bun. Yeah… I just said that, and no I’m not kidding. I’ve kind of been on a recipe kick lately, and I think it’s because my 1 year old has developed a love for, “Pioneer Woman.” Every morning, him and I spend an hour with her, drinking our coffee and having a granola bar. (Ok… he gets carrot/orange juice. Ixnay the coffee for the 1 year old.)
I’ve been making these Blue Cheese Burgers for years, but I’ve just recently decided to add the pretzel bun to this little creation of mine. Let me tell you… I have no regrets. This burger recipe comes in a close ranking with my favorite Cheeseburger Recipe that I shared with you HERE.
Blue Cheese Burgers Recipe
Although my camera now has a little food debris on it, I’m still glad that I snapped a few shots of the cooking process, so you can follow along easy when you make these. I do have the full recipe below though, if you’re just a “give it to me straight,” kinda human.
Let’s roll on…
The main event:
1. Put your ground beef in a medium sized bowl.
2. Add in the blue cheese crumbles and spices.
3. Mix this goodness together. You can use your hands, but I use a potato masher, just because I’m one of those girly-girls, that can’t stand getting my hands dirty, if I can avoid it.
4. Form the ground beef in to burgers of your size preference. I made three large burgers out of my one pound of beef. You can make more, in a smaller size if you like. But with it just my husband and I eating these that night, I thought a nice-big juicy burger would fit the bill.
My favorite way to cook these burgers (or any burgers for that matter) when it’s winter time and the grill is out of commission… is in my electric skillet. I pop that lid on, and those little guys cook super fast, and stay so moist and juicy.
5. Grab that glorious pretzel bun, and prepare it for some meaty goodness.
6. Layer that mouthwatering burger with leaf lettuce, more blue cheese crumbles, fried onions, and a little bacon, if you so desire.
I didn’t even serve a side dish with these. I figured with the lettuce, we got our vegetable portion that was needed. 😉
Blue Cheese Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- teaspoon ground peppercorn or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 pretzel buns
- Preheat electric skillet to 350 degrees F (or preferred way of cooking)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together ground beef, blue cheese crumbles, and spices.
- Form burger patties into 4 equal-sized patties.
- Place in the skillet, covered, cooking for a couple of minutes, until the tops of the burgers turn tan and the bottoms are a gorgeous brown.
- Flip the burgers and cook for a couple of minutes, or until the juices forming out the top run clear and are no longer pink/red.
- DO NOT mash down the burgers while cooking. This will release the juices that you want to stay in.
- Assemble the burgers and top with additional toppings of your preference. (Red onion, lettuce leaf, tomato, fried onions, etc.!)
So tell me… did you try these? Did you like them? They make another great weeknight meal! As you know from my other recipes, quick & easy is my forte! Let me know below in the comments!
Pin for later: