Cajun Chicken Alfredo: Boneless Chicken Breast Recipe – This dish combines some of my favorite flavors, all wrapped up in ONE! Weeknight dinners are enjoyable when they can be this simple.
So let me fill you in on a little secret. Once a week, a couple of girls come over for all-day coffee, small chat, and blog project fun. But I’m not going to lie. The conversations usually start out with me asking the question,
What’s for lunch today?
After they giggle, and make fun of me for constantly thinking about my next meal, I wrangle them back in, and get to the seriousness of deciding what to put in our bellies come noon.
The other morning, instead of planning our next take-out location, I challenged them (only because they love to cook) to create a quick dish that only involved using what we had on hand in the pantry and the refrigerator. They were up for the challenge and we were eating in no time.
I bring you, this quick, easy, and delish Cajun Chicken Alfredo recipe. This dish combines some of my favorite flavors, all wrapped up in ONE! Weeknight dinners are so much more enjoyable when they can be this simple, and it’s honestly a runner-up, next to these cream cheese noodles!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
I’m telling you… with a few simple pantry staples, this dish went to a WHOLE new level of delish. Would you believe the longest part of the recipe was baking the chicken? If you’re looking for boneless chicken breast recipes, then this would be a GREAT place to start.
Speed it UP, tip:
Speed up this dish with using left over chicken, pre-cooked slow cooker chicken, or buying a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken at the grocery store, and have more of a shredded-style chicken.
I know what some of you are thinking.
Yuck. Alfredo sauce in a jar?
That was SOOO me, before I found one that I like. Some of you may also be saying,
But making Alfredo sauce is easy enough to make, and it’s way better.
Absolutely. Usually homemade anything is better than a store bought version. But after a long day of toddler chasing, or working on the blog… a quick jar of Alfredo sauce can be a lifesaver when it comes to a quick, warm, weeknight meal.
So if you’re more of a “homemade,” type, instead of a “slightly-homemade,” type… that’s a-ok. Easily turn this recipe in to more of a “from scratch,” recipe. I bet it will be delicious.
If you’re a fan of Alfredo dishes, don’t forget to check out my quick Polish Sausage Alfredo that I whipped together a while back.
Or, if you’re a shrimp lover, you’re going to love this Cajun Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo too!
I hope you enjoy it! Let me know if you gave this a try, or if you have any other favorite chicken alfredo recipes that you love to make!
Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 box rotini pasta cooked according to directions and drained
- 15 ounce-jar alfredo sauce
- 4 boneless skinless, chicken breasts
- Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning to taste
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded parmesan for topping; optional
- Line baking pan with aluminum foil, and place chicken breasts in pan.
- Sprinkle with Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, to taste.
- Bake chicken breasts according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cooked pasta with the Alfredo sauce, and cook over low-medium until heated through.
- Slice each chicken breast into bitesize strips, and place on top of an individual serving of pasta.
- Top the chicken breast with a drained spoonful of diced tomatoes and green chilies.
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan on top for garnish.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
It’s now on my menu plan for next week! Can’t wait! Thank for sharing Jessica!!
Yaaaay! You’ll have to let me know what you think! 😉 You bet, and thank you for letting me know! XO