Easy Fried Rice Recipe: A recipe that my husband perfected after three tries, and it’s now a favorite to have on Sunday afternoons! It’s a new staple main dish & side dish in our home!
Matt, (my hubby) and I have been having so much fun in the kitchen lately. If you missed the post the other day with my garden pizza recipe that we created out of items we had laying around, you should give it a visit. (It was healthy and delish!) Now, after the third time of creating and perfecting our Easy Fried Rice recipe, it’s time to share this one with you.
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
Easy Fried Rice Recipe
This fried rice recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious! Add your leftover meat and vegetables to this versatile dish.
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup meat chopped and cooked (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons sesame seeds
- In a saucepan, melt butter on high and add rice.
- "Toast," the rice on high heat stirring often, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add water, and cover and let sit for 15 minutes on low, set aside.
- In a wok pan, pour in sesame oil, and turn the heat on high. When smoking, add onion. Cook onions until clear (3 minutes)
- Add carrots, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce
- Add in cooked rice from earlier, and mix well.
- Add choice of meat if desired. Mix.
- Push rice mixture to one side of wok pan.
Crack eggs into the side of pan and scramble, and mix with rice once cooked.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, and sesame seeds
Do you ever hear some men say that ramen noodles are their go-to meals when their wives aren’t at home? Well when I’m gone on a trip and my husband is at home, this is his go-to! It’s his ramen noodles.
Then, on the nights that I don’t feel like cooking, and he gets a wild hair to play in the kitchen… you can count on him making this dish for us, which is a-ok with me!
I’d have to say we’re addicted to this rice, and love making it for a quick weeknight meal too.
Like with my Polish Sausage Alfredo, we’ll keep the base dish the same, and add whatever “meats,” that we have left over or on hand, to add more protein! Need ideas of what to add to it?
• Lobster (You know, for a fancy kind of dish and all.)
• Chicken (Have a rotisserie chicken on hand? Perfect. That’s quick and easy!)
• Left over steak (But is there ever any left over steak?)
• Or, keep it really easy and forget the meat. The rice alone is delicious enough to enjoy by itself!
Enjoy, you lovely people!