Buffalo Chicken Lasagna: Comfort food at it’s finest, this cheesy lasagna brings the popular buffalo chicken dip appetizer to dinner as a main dish!
When it comes to needing a dinner idea, there are a TON of options out there. But when you can make something like this buffalo chicken comfort food dish, it stands out from the crowd and is such a nice change of pace from the same old thing!
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
But while sitting in the pickup line at school the other day, I found myself trying to think of a new dinner idea to help us get out of the groove of having the same ole thing again.
Well when I find myself trying to come up with something new, one of my favorite things to do is to combine some of my favorite foods to come up with a brand new dish!
So when I found myself craving buffalo chicken dip that day, I knew that I MUST find a way to turn it into a main dish… and this was born!
I had never made anything like this, so I started experimenting with what I had on hand at home, and if you ask me… it may just be the best lasagna I’ve ever made.
Buffalo CHEESY Chicken Lasagna Recipe
Why is it so good? Well it could possibly be because it is LOADED with cheese. Do you have to put as much cheese in it as I did? Nah, but I can tell you that I didn’t regret the amount I put in.
What Kind of Cheese do you Use for Lasagna?
I used what I had on hand, so feel free to mix it up when you make yours, but I used:
You could also use:
- all mozzarella
- Colby & Monterey
- fiesta blend
- Italian style
- pepper jack (for extra heat)
- sliced cheese would also work and melt just fine!
What Kind of Hot Sauce do you Use for Buffalo Chicken Recipes?
This is a no-brainer. Frank’s Hot Sauce is our favorite to use for any “buffalo chicken” recipe that we make. Frank’s also makes a buffalo wing sauce that I’d like to try instead of the traditional hot sauce, so let me know if you give this a try!
Easy Chicken Lasagna
After making this myself, I saw a few other chicken lasagna recipes online that used quite a few ingredients and that required making a roux.
I’m big on making things as easy as possible so I was glad this turned out DELICIOUS by simply using what I had on hand and required little effort.
Tips for Making it Easy
- Use a Rotisserie Chicken or use slow cooked chicken breasts!
- Have fun and be flexible with the types of cheese
- Allow it to cool after baking for about 15 minutes so it’s easier to cut/serve.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
When making ANY lasagna, I like to cook a few extra noodles in case they fall apart during the cooking process, so although you’ll only need 9 for this recipe, it may not hurt to cook a couple of extras.
- Cook the lasagna noodles al dente, according to package directions.
- Once cooked, drain and rinse with cold water so they stop cooking, and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce.
I used my hand mixer to do this, but you may be able to mix it with a fork if your cream cheese is really soft???
Next, add in your crumbled blue cheese and stir with a spoon until mixed in.
Assemble the Lasagna
In a greased 9×13 baking dish, spread a thin layer of the buffalo sauce mixture into the bottom to keep the noodles from sticking to the dish.
Step 1 of Layering: Next, place three lasagna noodles on the top…
Step 2 of Layering: Sprinkle on a third of the shredded cooked chicken.
Step 3 of Layering: Using a fourth of the shredded cheese, sprinkle on top of the chicken.
Step 4 of Layering: Spread a third of the buffalo sauce mixture on top of the shredded cheese.
Repeat Layers: Repeat the layers until you have used all of the noodles and…
…top the lasagna with the last 1/4 of the cheese remaining.
NOTE: Don’t feel like you have to follow this layering process exactly. Lasagna is forgiving, so feel free to switch it up or layer how you prefer. I just recommend to definitely top with shredded cheese for that “golden glow” on the top after baking!
How Long to Bake Chicken Lasagna
With the noodles and chicken already cooked, the lasagna doesn’t have to cook through for “doneness” but rather to melt all of the cheeses and heat through.
Preheat the oven and bake at 350° for about 35 minutes, uncovered.
Cover with aluminum foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
Allow to Rest Before Serving:
Once the lasagna has finished baking, remove from oven and allow it to rest for at least 15 minutes to allow the cheeses to adhere to the noodles and sauce, for easier cutting/serving.
How to Serve Lasagna
If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley! If you’re feeling extra brave, drizzle with extra Frank’s Hot Sauce or even ranch/blue cheese dressing!
Side Dishes for Lasagna
We can’t forget a side dish for this comfort food classic! Our favorites to have with lasagna are:
- The BEST Side Salad Recipe
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Tomato Mozzarella Tomato Salad
- Garlic Roasted Broccoli
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
- Fried Peanut Butter & Jelly
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- hand mixer
- 2 packages cream cheese softened
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 2 cups hot sauce we like Frank's Hot Sauce
- 5 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken we debone a whole rotisserie chicken
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 cups provolone shredded (optional)
- 9 lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook lasagna noodles al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ranch dressing and hot sauce with a hand mixer.
- Stir in blue cheese crumbles.
- In a greased 9×13 baking dish, spread a thin layer of buffalo sauce mixture in to the bottom.
- Layer 3 of the cooked lasagna noodles into the baking dish.
- Spread on a third of the buffalo sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle on a third of the cooked, shredded chicken
- Sprinkle on a third of the shredded cheeses
- Repeat the layering process using all of the noodles and end with cheese on top!
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, then cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting to allow the cheeses and filling to cool a bit for easier serving.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Fabulously Fast Dinners
Love Easy Dinner Recipes?
Pin it to Remember it: