How to cook turkey burgers in the air fryer in only 10 minutes! With a little salt and pepper, this will be another burger recipe you’ll want to add to your meal plan!
Whether you have fresh ground turkey or fresh or frozen patties from the grocery store, you’ll love this fast and easy recipe for juicy turkey burgers, made in the air fryer! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can still make baked turkey burgers in the oven!
- Why you’ll love cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer
- How to Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers
- Jennie-O Turkey Burger Patties
- How to make juicy air fryer turkey burgers
- Burger topping ideas
- What to serve with turkey burgers
- How to store left over turkey burgers
- More easy air fryer recipes you’ll love:
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
Why you’ll love cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer
- It’s quick and easy
- With the air fryer basket, the drippings can drip down under the tray so the burgers don’t sit in grease, yet still giving you a juicy, flavorful burger
- Like with our ground beef burgers in the air fryer, it’s easy to clean-up!
- Turkey is such a lean meat that the air fryer helps create healthy turkey burgers
It only takes 10 minutes for fresh turkey patties in the air fryer!
When the internal temperature of a turkey burger reaches 165° degrees Fahrenheit, it’s safe to eat.
How to Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers
If you have frozen turkey burger, there’s no need to thaw them out first for a quick dinners! Simply place them in the air fryer basket and cook! However, with the burgers frozen, it’s best to turn the temperature to 375° degrees F. for a cooking time of 15 minutes.
Jennie-O Turkey Burger Patties
When I shared how to cook turkey burgers in the oven, I mentioned how I loved pre-pattied and seasoned ground turkey!
But when it comes to brands, I love buying these patties at the store to make things even easier! It’s a healthy air fryer turkey burger recipe without bread crumbs and perfect for those doing low carb or Keto diets! Plus, the Jennie-O brand patties only have turkey and rosemary extract, leaving things simple yet FLAVORFUL!
How to make juicy air fryer turkey burgers
This is a step-by-step to show you how we make this recipe and just how easy air frying them can be!
- Place ground turkey burgers in the air fryer basket.
- Turn heat to 400° and timer to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165° degrees F. with a meat thermometer
- When timer ends, if you prefer cheeseburgers, simply place a slice of american cheese on the burgers and place back in air fryer without turning the heat back on. (The leftover heat from cooking should gently melt the cheese to the burger after 1-2 minutes.)
Burger topping ideas
If you love a burger patty by itself, you’re ready to eat! However, if you love to add fun toppings or are looking for new ideas on how to top your burgers, you’ll love the burger bar I styled, where I gave a giant list of burger topping ideas! But some of our favorite toppings are:
- barbecue sauce
- red onion
For this burger below, I simply added cheese and dried jalapeños to add a kick and a crunch to my burger. It was absolutely DELICIOUS!
What to serve with turkey burgers
- Everyone loves french fries, sweet potato fries or tots with their juicy burger but if you have time, making these fiesta ranch potato wedges are an amazing partner to the burgers
- Serving this side salad recipe with turkey burgers is a healthy side dish that will compliment them well!
- Since you’re using the air fryer anyway, you might as well make these air fryer eggplant fries before the burgers go in! Snack on them while the burgers cook or serve as a side dish!
How to store left over turkey burgers
If you want to meal prep and plan, making a lot of turkey burgers at once is a great idea! Then, you can simply reheat the burgers later in the air fryer or microwave for a quick lunch or dinner!
Once cooled, store leftover turkey burgers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
More easy air fryer recipes you’ll love:
We’ve become quite fond of cooking dinner in the air fryer, so here are some of our favorites!
- Cooking chicken legs in the air fryer will be a new favorite! No bread crumbs needed, and you can flavor however you like!
- Make some air fryer bacon, to top your turkey burgers with!
- The kids will LOVE these buffalo chicken tenders in the air fryer that uses panko breadcrumbs and whatever sauce they prefer!
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- air fryer
- 4 turkey patties or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt as desired
- dash black pepper or as desired
- 4 slices of cheese optional
- Place turkey burger patties in air fryer, in a single layer. (Do not overlap burgers.)
- Season the patties with salt and pepper as desired.
- Cook at 400° for 10 minutes or until internal temperature of burgers reach 165° degrees F.
- If cheeseburgers are desired, place a slice of cheese on each burger and place basket back in to air fryer, without turning on, letting the leftover heat gently melt the cheese to the burger
- Top burgers with desired toppings! Serve.