I’ll never forget that when I first started staying home by myself as a kiddo, I would look in the fridge, over and over again, hoping something new would show up.
(Unfortunately, I still do this as an adult.)
All I knew was, I was hungry… and if I wanted to eat something, I was going to have to combine something other than milk and Cheerios.
I was faced with two things:
• I didn’t really know how to cook anything yet.
• I was home by myself, so I whatever I did make, I didn’t want to make a ton of.
Then, one day, I got creative, and it was the perfect quick & easy recipe I was looking for, that I could make by myself, and it didn’t have a lot of wasteful leftovers.
I ended up making these ALL of the time because it seemed as if we always had the ingredients on hand, and it didn’t make a huge mess in the kitchen.
How to Make Bagel Pizzas
Lay out a sheet of aluminum foil. Yes, that’s right, no cleanup. Just throw the aluminum foil away when you’re done! Woot!
Slice (if not already) the bagels, lay them out face up, on the aluminum foil.
Spoon the tomato sauce on to the bagels, and spread to fully cover the tops.
Sprinkle your cheese over the bagels. As much as you want… I like a lot, and you’ll find out why in just a sec…
Sprinkle on your toppings!
I usually only do pepperoni, and I leave a few “cheese,” pizzas for my oldest because he’s not a fan of meat.
This is where you can also sprinkle on fun spices and seasonings if you want.
They are ready to bake!
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes!
In a flash, they’re done and ready to devour.
Remember above when I told you why I like to put a lot of cheese on the pizzas?
I’m totally going to admit something. See this leftover cheese on the aluminum foil?
Well, I put on extra, hoping cheese melts and falls through the middle of the bagel and melts off of the side. The melted extra cheese is mommy’s bonus. 😉
Talk about the best recipe for a rushed weeknight meal.
Throw these bagel pizzas together in a flash, and you’ve fed your family dinner in a snap. Plus… it’s pizza, so of course your kids will love it!
My Favorite Thing About This Bagel Pizza Recipe:
• 15 minutes and it’s time for dinner.
• The round bagels are perfect for little hands. Those huge triangle pieces from the pizza delivery place are hard for those little hands to hold!
• How that cheese falls & melts through the middle of the bagels… Oooh baby. #momstreat
• Topping options are endless!
Extra tip: If your kiddos’ hands are itty bitty, use kitchen shears to cut the bagel pizzas into small bite size pieces. Heck with trying to use a fork, pizza cutter, or hands. Kitchen shears are my best friend!
Quick & Easy Bagel Pizzas Recipe
- 4 bagels I buy them in the refrigerated section because they stay fresh longer
- 1 cup tomato sauce can substitute with pizza sauce
- 1-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- pepperoni can substitute with bacon or sausage
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the bagels horizontally, in half, and lay them open faced on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Spoon sauce onto the tops of the bagels. I usually do a thin layer, because I don't like a lot of sauce. But you can make them as saucy as you want!
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of the bagels.
- Add any additional pizza toppings on the bagels, and spices if you prefer!
- Bake the pizzas for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
I hope this recipe eases your menu planning! Let me know how they were!