Home Tour Kitchen https://fantabulosity.com
Home Tour, House + Home

Home Tour Part 4- The Kitchen

This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission.

Welcome to Part 4 of our home tour, “The Kitchen!” Yesterday I featured our master bath, and you can see the other previous rooms here:

The Exterior

The Master Bedroom

The Master Bath

I do have to say… I LUUUV our kitchen. The amount of cabinet space is fantastic, {I still have empty cabinets after moving in} and it has an island. What woman doesn’t love cabinet space and an island in the kitchen!? Good move honey, good move. {Find out why I give my hubby credit on the house here: The Exterior Home Tour}

Home Tour Part 2 The Kitchen https://fantabulosity.com

We went with granite counter tops, and craftsman style lighting to keep up with the craftsman/modern trend we were aiming for!

Home Tour, Part 4, The Kitchen fantabulosity.com

Trust me, the countertops… not always this clear of debris. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Home Tour, Part 4, The Kitchen fantabulosity.com

Oooh baby. Now, I did tell you that my husband picked everything out. However, I did go with him to the cabinet consultation, and I just so happened to bring Pinterest ideas with me for cabinet organization. Whooo me? Nah. ๐Ÿ˜‰

We decided that we wanted to go with a spice rack organizer, that was built in to one of the drawers. You talk about “handy” when it comes to cooking. No fumbling around trying to dig behind spice after spice, to find what you need.

Spice Rack Organizer: Home Tour Kitchen Part 4, The Kitchen. fantabulosity.com

Do you see how the little built in shelves are angled? Yeah, genius. Thank you to whoever invented this jewel.

Spice Rack Organizer: Home Tour Kitchen Part 4, The Kitchen. fantabulosity.com

A bonus? The spice rack organizer is removable and I can put it in any drawer I want to. Mine is right next to the stove though, and I don’t think I’ll be moving it.

Spice Rack Organizer: Home Tour Kitchen Part 4, The Kitchen. fantabulosity.com

So far, this next item is my FAVORITE kitchen item. (Until my next item gets installed very soon, which I’ll mention at the end.)

The built in under-cabinet ice machine. We go through TONS of ice, and when we entertain, we grew so tired of having to go buy bagged ice. Another reason… we have young babies at home, and as you other moms know, if something is loud while your baby is sleeping, you want to scream. So instead of using the crazy noisy refrigerator ice maker, we can pop this door open and grab some ice!

Built In, Under cabinet Ice Maker Built-In, Undercabinet Ice Machine Kitchen Home Design, Home Tour Part 4 fantabulosity.com

The ice machine makes “little bitty” ice, and it’s absolutely fantabulous!

Ok, so we have a toddler you all. Yes, browsing Pinterest you may see “perfect” kitchens with “perfect” appliances. But I have a toddler that likes to touch “everything,” and you can see in this photo that the front of the ice machine is no exception. Darn cameras that take great pictures and show every detail. Lol. I guess I could have “edited” this out, but heck, Iย told you I’d be real with you all… so let’s be real. ๐Ÿ˜‰

You can see the machine is built right in, and it looks like the kitchen was made for it! Well.. I guess it was. ๐Ÿ˜‰

When we were picking out cabinets, we were asked if we wanted the “slide out” drawers for pots and pans. Umm.. yes! I’m tellin’ ya. Anything that keeps me from bending over and reaching all the way back in to a cabinet to pull a heavy pot out… is my best friend.

Pots & Pans Organizer, Kitchen Home Design Ideas Home Tour Part 4 fantabulosity.com

So, what is it that I’m still going to have installed in my kitchen? A Kitchenaid Mixer lift. Yes, I’m serious. I get tired of dragging my super heavy mixer out of the panty. So this way, I can open a cabinet door and raise the shelf up to counter height level, do my mixing, and shove it back down inside when I’m done.

Don’t worry… I’ll post that genius item here too.

UPDATE: The kitchenaid mixer lift is in! See that post here: Kitchen Update-It’s In!!!

So there’s our kitchen! One of my favorite rooms to entertain, in the house!

See the other rooms on the tour:

Part 1: The Exterior

Part 14: The Guest Bedroom

Part 15: The Living Room

Part 16: New Office Reveal

Part 17: Garageย

88 thoughts on “Home Tour Part 4- The Kitchen

1. Carole says:

Love your kitchen, are your cabinets maple? We are in the process of a kitchen remodel and I am looking at Shenandoah Maple cabinets at Lowes. Love the color of your’s, and your granite counter top looks like what I picked out.

1. Jessica says:

Wow that’s fantastic! Kitchen remodel sounds fun!!! You know, I’m not sure what color our cabinets are! I would say they are close to a dark maple??? Thank you so much for stopping by! Good luck with your remodel!!

2. Love your kitchen and all the unique storage ideas!

1. Jessica says:

Thank you!!! I still have things I wish we could have done in the kitchen for sure! But I’m happy with the way it is! Thank you!

3. Rosey says:

Your kitchen looks fantastic!! I love ice maker, and everything just looks nice!!

I am visiting today from Serenity You. I saw your kitchen pic linked up and could not resist. ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Jessica says:

Aw, I’m so glad you came by!!! Thank you so much for the sweet words! I really hope you choose to come back again soon, I’d love to have you! I’ll be checking you out now! Thanks!

4. Thanks for linking at Pintastic Pinteresting Party. I absolutely love you kitchen!

1. Jessica says:

Hey! Thank you for coming over, and thank you for the sweet words!

5. What a beautiful kitchen! And I’m having total spice rack envy over here! ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks so much for linking up at Hit Me with Your Best Shot! Hope to see you back tonight!

~Abby =)

1. Jessica says:

Thank you so much! I’m happy to be on your link-up! Will be seeing you there again soon!

6. Jessica says:

Aw, you’re so sweet! Thank you so much! The ice maker is a hit with everyone in the house! I highly recommend it! Thanks for stopping by!

7. Great kitchen. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday’s Adorned From Above Link Party.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above

1. Jessica says:

Thank you, and thank you so much for coming by! I’m so glad to have you here! Please come back again!

8. Jacqui Odell says:

I love your kitchen and how organized it is! I would love to have you hop over and share with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! (http://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/01/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-3.html)

1. Jessica says:

Thank you so much for coming by! Oh no, I missed it! Is this something that takes place every Tuesday? I’d love to share it next week if so! Thank you!

9. Cindy Eikenberg says:

Jessica, your kitchen is amazing and I’m in love with the spice drawer! So excited that you joined us and shared this at Best of the Weekend – thank you and pinned!! Hope you have a happy Tuesday and a wonderful week!

1. Jessica says:

Aw, thank you so much! I’m really thrilled that you came by!

10. Your kitchen is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Family Fun Friday! I’m featuring you this week.

1. Jessica says:

Oh yay! Thank you so much!!! I’m so glad you came by! Please come back again soon!

11. Susan says:

What a lovely lovely kitchen! And a Kitchen Aid Mixer lift sounds like heaven (seriously, what where they thinking when they made it so heavy?!) Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday on Organized 31.

1. Jessica says:

I know, right!? Ugh. But we love them and HAVE to have them! Haha! Thanks so much for coming by!!! Please come back!

12. Your kitchen looks amazing! I’m jealous of all your cabinet space. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you so much for linking this up at the Shine a Spotlight Saturday Link Party on Angels Homestead this week!

April

1. Jessica says:

Awww thank you so much for coming by! It really means a lot!

13. april aakre says:

I absolutely love your kitchen. Especially the cabinets for your pots and pans. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.

1. Jessica says:

Thank you so much! I would love to link up again! Thank you for coming by!

2. Jessica says:

Thank you so much! I would love to link up again! Thank you for coming by!

14. Jamie @ Roubinek Reality says:

What a beautiful kitchen!! I LOVE all of the counter space and you’re so right, every woman loves an island! ๐Ÿ™‚ The spice drawer is so neat and I love the pull out shelves for the pots and pans! I definitely can’t wait to see that mixer shelf. That sounds really neat! Thank you so much for linking up at Something Fabulous Wednesday! I loved reading all about your kitchen! ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Jessica says:

Thank you so much! You know… I really thought I’d want to cook more when I moved in to my organized kitchen. Hmmm.. but I still love take-out night! Haha! Thanks so much for coming by!

15. Lilah | NaturallyFrugalicious.com says:

An absolutely beautiful kitchen! I am quite taken with your spice drawer! That is a must-have for any kitchen. One of my favorite shares on Tell Me About It Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing what you share tomorrow!

– Lilah | NaturallyFrugalicious.com

1. Jessica says:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate you coming by to let me know that you noticed it! I’d be happy to link up again!

16. Carrie says:

It’s gorgeous!! Really, really beautiful. I’m pinning a bunch of stuff I see here and want to do when we get around to organizing our kitchen…love the angled shelves for the spices (we keep ours in a drawer, but they are laying flat…LOVE the angled idea).

Thanks for linking up at Wordy Wednesday and sharing!

1. Jessica says:

Aww thank you so much for pinning! The angled shelf is crazy awesome. It takes NO time, when trying to locate the right spice! I’m so glad you found it helpful! Thanks for stopping by!

2. Jessica says:

Aw, thank you so much! Oh good!!! I hope you find some helpful things for when you organize your kitchen! Thank you so much for coming by!

17. April @ The Steadfast Reader says:

I MUST HAVE that spice drawer. I think that’s such an innovative answer to what I call ‘the spice problem’. Also love the countertops!

Thanks for linking up with Spread the Love!

1. Jessica says:

Thank you! The spice drawer seems to be a favorite! Thanks so much for coming by!

18. Nicki Ellis says:

Did you make the spice rack and the kitchenaid lift yourselves or are they something anyone can buy? Where can you buy them???

1. Jessica says:

Hey!!! They were actually inserts that we ordered when we ordered the cabinets. So I’m almost betting any cabinet maker should be able to get them! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope that helps!